Seven

(A week later)

Knuckles had just gotten home from the store while Shadow and Rouge were watching a movie.

"Did you get it Knucky?" Rouge asked, wearing a sky blue top with a black skirt.

"Yes I got it, why did I have to get the pregnancy test and not you?" Knuckles asked wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans.

"Because Shadow and I were watching a movie and talking about things. Now hand it over." Rouge replied.

Knuckles laid his eyes on Shadow and Shadow shrugged at him. Knuckles rummaged through the bag and took out a pregnancy test. He gave it to Rouge.

"Perfect!" Rouge commented and gave the test to Shadow. "I told you what you would need to do."

Shadow nodded wearing a navy blue tank top and camouflage sweat pants. He got up and went into the bathroom. He pulled down his pants and sat on the toilet. Shadow stared down at the test before he took it.

'Moment of truth.' He thought.

(Outside the bathroom)

Rouge started tapping her foot on the ground as her nerves ate her up inside. She looked over at Knuckles who was doing the same.

"I don't know why I'm so worried, I know it will be positive. We'll get our baby Knucky." Rouge assured as she cuddled up next to him.

"I hope so Rouge. I might not like Shadow very much, but I love you and our future child. Wherever or whoever it comes from." Knuckles replied.

"Awww, I think that's one of the sweetest things you have ever said! And I love you too." Rouge commented giving him a peck on the cheek. "But you still need to be nice to Shadow."

"I know." Knuckles sighed.

Suddenly the bathroom door opened. It was Shadow holding the test.

The married couple stared at him in worry.

The room was silent for a minute. Shadow was still staring at the test.

"Well what does it say!" Knuckles exclaimed.

"U-Um...R-Rouge can you read this and tell me if I'm reading this right?" Shadow asked clearly shaken up.

Rouge nodded and took the test away from him. Her eyes widened and tears came to her eyes.

POSITIVE

"It's positive, we're having a baby!" Rouge squealed wrapping her arms around her husband.

Knuckles face went from worry to a smile and hugged his wife back.

Shadow watched their moment of happiness and smiled himself. But a part of him couldn't help but feel scared and worried about all of this.

Rouge let go of Knuckles and wrapped her arms around her now pregnant best friend.

Shadow returned her hug and saw how happy she was. "I'm glad you're finally getting everything you wanted." He said.

(A few weeks later: week 6 of pregnancy)

Shadow was sleeping in his bed, wearing a long purple shirt that went to his mid thigh. His eyes began to blink open due to a queazy feeling in his stomach.

A uncomfortable groan escaped his lips as the queazy feeling wouldn't go away. He looked at the clock and saw it was 6am.

But his body jerk up when he felt something coming up his throat. He was unable to stop the burning liquid escaping from his mouth. He had thrown up on his bed.