Book Walking

Song: Sleeping In My Head by Siine (personally, I like the Manta Circle Remix more than the original version)
If there are any books that you want me to write a chapter in, please tell me in the comments. I will only do books that I have read though. Hope you enjoy!

"Ok, Micah, what did you want to tell me?"
"Wait, let's go to my room." We run up the stairs, all the way to the top of the house. I close the door behind us, "Ok, promise you won't tell anyone?"
"Of course! Micah, are you ok?" I laugh. Nathan looks so confused.
"I don't think you will understand if I try to explain it to you, so I'll just show." I look through the books on my shelf. I need one that isn't set in space and doesn't have any magic. Something calm. I grab a random romance novel and flick through the pages until I find the part I am looking for. When I look at Nathan again, he looks even more confused.
"Don't look so worried! Just hold my hand and you'll be fine." I grab Nathan's hand and squeeze it, "Are you ready?"
Reluctantly, he nods.
I start reading the words on the page, then close my eyes. When I open them, my room is crumbling around us in golden specks of dust. Then we are falling, hand-in-hand. The golden dust is now creating a new world. A city, with buildings that reach up to the sky. But we don't land in the city. We are placed gently on a grassy hill that overlooks the city. There is a tree towering over us with a swing that hangs from one of its branches. The sun is high in the sky, but the next second it is replaced by a full moon. All of the lights in the city suddenly turn on as the sky darkens.
"Wow." Nathan whispers. We sit down on the grass, looking out over the city, "Did you just- did you just take us into a book?"
"I did." I reply, grinning so hard my face hurts. I turn around, pointing to the swing. Nathan follows my finger. There is a boy pushing a girl on the swing. The main characters. But neither of them are moving, it's like they are frozen in time. "We can stay here for as long as you want. No time will pass in the book or in the real world." I lie down, breathing in the smell of damp grass. I'm not worried about getting wet, it will disappear when we leave the book. Nathan flops down beside me. We stare up at the stars for a few minutes. He never stopped holding my hand, I am still squeezing his. I roll onto my side to stare at him. As usual, his hair is covering half of his face. I brush it out of the way, it is so silky.
"Micah, this is...beautiful."
"Just like you." I reply. Nathan turns to face me. He is smiling just as much as I am. The more we stare at each other, the hotter my cheeks become.
"Micah! You're blushing! It's so cute!" Nathan exclaims.
"What?! No, I'm not." I quickly sit up, covering my face with my hands.
"Aw! Your cheeks are getting redder. That's so cute. Stop covering it!" Nathan tries to pull my hands off my face and succeeds.
"Nathan! It's not-" I am cut off when he starts to kiss me.