I should be doing maths

Song: Ummm, the pi song? Idk, you tell me...
The reason the title is what it is, is because I am writing this in maths class like the good child that I am...

My heart is pounding. My breath is too loud. The sound of the marker squeaking against the board echoes through my mind. All eyes are on me. I need to get this right. I need to get this right.
"Thank you for explaining, Micah." the teacher pats my shoulder as I walk past him to sit back down in my seat.
"Your cheeks are red," my friend whispers.
"Shut up," I reply, burying my face in my hands, "That was so embarrassing!"
"That's what you get for being the smartest person in the class!"
I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths. Why am I always the one who has to write on the board? My head feels heavy, I don't want to lift it off the table. Don't want to face the class around me. Don't want to face him.
Everything is blurry. I can't think straight. 

I

 am

drifting

off

to

sleep

I am back in maths class but something is different. Nathan is there. Sitting with him. I stand up, my chair falls over but I don't pick it up. I can't take my eyes off Nathan. I start walking towards him
Slowly.
Right, left, right, left.
I am at their desk, eyes still on Nathan.
"Um, who are you?" he asks.
"N-Nathan, can you h-help me with my m-maths." My words are broken. My voice doesn't sound like my own.
There is a puzzled look on his face, though his bright smile still lingers.
"I can help if you really want. What's your name?" Nathan replies. His voice sounds normal. Beautiful, but normal.
"What? Nathan, it's me. Micah."

"Oh, so your Micah. You are the maths teacher's son, right?"

I nod. I am too shocked to say anything. What is happening? Why doesn't Nathan know who I am? Why is he sitting with him? I follow Nathan's arm, from his shoulder down to his elbow down to his wrist and down to his hand. Another hand rests in his, fingers interlaced, squeezing tight.
"Are y-you two-"
"Yeah, you have a problem with that?" he says.
"O-oh, of c-course not. S-sorry for disturbing y-you." I turn around, start walking back to my chair. The world is blurring around the edges. With every step I take, the floor seems further away.
And then suddenly the floor is

way

too

close

"Micah. Micah, are you there?"
"I don't think he is awake."
I sit up, slowly taking in the environment around me. I am on the floor in the middle of the classroom. There are only two other people here, leaning over me. Nathan and him.
"I must still be asleep," My voice has gone back to normal but there is no way that this is the same classroom that I fell asleep in.
"You're not asleep. I think you fainted. Probably didn't eat enough food." I start to fall backwards but Nathan catches me and leans my head on his shoulder.
"Can we go now?" he whines.
"Do you think you can walk?" Nathan asks, his voice calm and soothing. I nod, though I am not sure I can.
Nathan carefully pulls me up. I start to fall sideways but he grabs my hand and pulls me upright.

He walks out of the classroom and I start to follow but Nathan pulls me back.
"Are you sure you are ok? You looked like you were having a pretty bad dream. Want to talk about it?"
"It's nothing," Nathan looks sceptical but I continue anyway, "Seriously, Nathan, don't worry. Just promise that you will never leave me for him."
"Who? Someone in your dream."
I try to smile, show him that I am ok. Instead I fail beautifully, and pull him out of the classroom.

If you enjoyed this chapter then please don't forget to vote, have a good day!