The Confession, Part 2

Song: Don't Let This Go To Waste by Loving Caliber

Nathan has read the message. He is typing. But not typing quick enough. I lie on my bed, waiting for his reply to come through. Just when I am about to give up, my phone buzzes.

Nathan: Micah, when you sent that text saying that you liked someone, I didn't know what to think. On one hand, I thought, wow he's getting a boyfriend! But I didn't really like it. I don't want you to be with someone else, I want you to be with me. Micah, I like you too.

Micah: Are you messing with me?

Nathan: No, Micah, I'm serious. I actually like you!

I can't type, my hands are shaking. My heart feels like it is about to beat out of my chest. I press the call button, I can't keep typing.
"Nathan, I am shaking so much!" I exclaim as soon as he answers.
"My legs were shaking, I had to sit down!"
"I can't believe this is happening. Is this even happening? If this is a dream I swear I'm going to-"
"No, Micah, this is actually happening." We sit in silence for a few minutes, both processing what was just said.
"So, do you know what your sexuality is?" And there it is. The one question I was hoping he wouldn't ask.
"I don't know..." I trail off, thinking carefully about what to say next, "I still don't think I like guys. I mean, I have never liked a guy apart from you. So..."
"That's ok, take your time. Rome wasn't built in a day!"
"What does that even mean?" We both start laughing but after a few seconds the silence comes back.
I don't know what to say. There are so many things I want to tell him, I just don't know how to.
"MICAH! DINNER!" My mum yells from downstairs.
"Nathan, I have to go. But I'll text you later?"
"Of course!" I hang up and run out of my room, hands shaking and face glowing.