Kabanata 11

Dominique's

Days passed like a pure bliss.

It's been a week since Darelle announced that he'll be courting me which had left me with sleepless nights. I still don't want to believe what he just said but I had no choice. Everything he does is telling me that he's really serious about courting me.

Everyday, he goes in our house early in the morning, asking me to go in the school with him but of course, I declined. Not that I don't want to, it's just that, every time he's near me, my heart's beating so darn fast and I don't know why. I know I should not be feeling this way because Anthony's the one that I like but my own heart is defying me.

He also sends me flowers every damn time and it's really not helping me at all. And even though the flowers are my favorites, I never accepted it. Nagtataka pa nga ako kung paano niya nalaman ang paborito kong bulaklak.

I thought of asking him but I just chose not to, afraid that he might think I'm interested, when in fact, I do, just a little.

But of course, being a very supportive mom, my mother's accepting it on my behalf. You know that I'm sarcastic, right?

Nevertheless, I'm still thankful because, I'm still having the same dream. It is the only thing, that keeping me sane.

Today isn't just a normal day, this is the day that I'll be going out on a date with the man whom I hate the most. I'm planning to change my mind but decided not to because it'll be too late.

I guess, there's no turning back. I might as well just enjoy the night. Who knows if it possibly bring me the peace that I'm seeking of.

Nakarinig ako ng katok sa aking pinto mula sa labas, kaya napilitan akong bumangon mula sa pagkakahiga upang buksan ito. There, I saw my mom standing and so, I let her in.

"Have you already prepared the things you will be needing for your date this evening? Your dress? Stilettos? What about the makeups?" She asked as soon as she entered my room.

Here we go again, with my mom bombarding me with her nonsense questions. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, I really do. It's just that, I hate the fact that she seems so excited with this oh-so-called date, while I'm not. Well, not really. I'm curious of what will happen later, tho.

I just nodded my head four times to answer her four questions without throwing a glance. I don't want her to see my face because she might get the wrong idea.

My mother smiled. "Okay, if that is the case, then start fixing yourself up. It's already 3 in the afternoon. You don't want to be late, don't you?"

"Okay, mom. Just wait for me downstairs. I'll just prepare myself, tapos bababa na rin po ako," I answered.

She kissed my temple. "Sure thing, honey. Don't put too much effort or that young man will fall head over heels with you. I'm sure you won't like the idea," she then laughed after teasing me.

Napasimangot ako. "Mom! Stop teasing me," parang bata akong nagreklamo.

"I'm just kidding sweetheart, you can start fixing yourself now. And please, try to enjoy the night. I love you honey," she kissed my temple again and then bid her goodbye.

"Yes, mom. Actually I'm planning to. I love you too mom," I answered and then followed her to close the door.

Pumasok na ako sa banyo upang maligo. I scrubbed my whole body. I even applied a liquid that can help my face glow. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not trying to impress him. I just don't want to embarrass myself in our date.