The twist

"Mum I don't have any friends here ...ughh" he frowns looking down to the floor.

"Honey when you go to your new school it's going to be fun" she patted his back .

"But I miss my old friends in California " he crossed his arms .

"Hey you can hang out with me and go to a park and I know one of the funnest parks here" I smiled at him .

"You sure ?You don't mind " he half smiled .

"Yeah it's gonna be fun and I'm sure you will meet new friends there "

"Okay mum can I go with Rose to the Park " he smiles.

"Of course honey just go get your things "

"Okay "he quickly ran up stairs.

"Thank you for being here to cheer him up , I haven't seen him this happy before you came and slept over " she smiled , really ?

"No need to thank me I just like kids like him and he's cute isn't he " I smiled.

"Yeah he sure going to get girls attracted to him when he's Alex's age " She giggled and walked up stairs.

I walked out of the room outside into the back yard. I wasn't looking to where I was going until I  tripped over something .

" What the-" it's a stone path?  I followed the stones looking at each one of them as they were inscribed.

"You learn from your mistakes" Yep heard that one.

"love can never be put in words" hmmm interesting.

"don't end your life because your hurting the people that care for you" wow that's a good one.

" Isn't it better to be heart broken than being alone" yep that's so me , I stepped to the last one, there's nothing there ? I decided to ignore why the last one had no quote I continued on only to be stopped. I look up to find my self at a wall covered with flowers.

"Wow this is beautiful, wait what's this? " I saw a door knob, I slowly move the flower and the vines from the wall revealing a door.

I turn the knob but it was locked.

"What ?" I tried again but it wouldn't budge.
"ughh I will check this out later " I turn around to see Stephan looking at me.

" Your ready? " I asked.

" Yes " he smiled.

"Hey how old are you ? " He asked.

" I'm 15 " I smiled.

" Oh I'm 11 " he smiled well at least my guess of him being 10 was close.

"what are you doing out here?" He asked confused.

" Oh umm i just wanted to look at the flowers "

"Oh right. Okay" he laughed.

" I'm going to get my things and change into something more suited for going to a park alright " he nodded. We walked back inside. I walked up stairs and grabbing my bag.

" Hey Stephan I'm going home to get my other things okay "

"okay!" I walked back to my house into my room as I changed into a crop top and wore high waisted shorts.

"Where did you go?" My brother asked curiously.

" My friends house and do you wanna come to the park with one of my friends little brothers?"

" Okay!" He ran to his room and got some things.

###
"Stephan I brought my little brother with me if that's okay" He came in the living room.