part5

I was looking out of the window as she was sitting beside me. There was hardly any exchange of words between us. Even the staring session was not taking place and how could it, after what happened last night you can't expect me to say or even look at her. What all she did in her drunken state...sheesh...It's something way beyond my expectations.

After the realization hit her hard, the first thing I did - Book the earliest tickets back and pretend that nothing happened. Booking the tickets was quite easy but pretending everything to be normal was the most difficult task to do. Throughout the journey she tried talking to me but this time ' NO WAY.

We got down from the flight and reached home as I continued giving her the silent treatment. But Riddhima letting me give silent treatment for more than a day is impossible and that day too it was the same- as soon as I reached our floor we were greeted by Aunt Carol and JP. Not the usual hi, hello greetings but the worried wali greeting.

"Thank god you are back, we were about to call you.." JP said as I looked at him confusedly, having no idea what the heck was going on.

"Why...what happened?" I asked keeping the bag down.

And the answer I got was quite interesting. Apparently Riddhima in the excitement of going abroad forgot few 'SIMPLE' things before leaving the house like- locking the windows and cupboard which gave easy access to thief and rain to come and go as per their mood. No, this is not the end- she forgot to switch off the electrical appliances causing few of them to get fused during power fluctuations and the thief- he was so smart, he only took the good ones leaving the fused one behind so I can get it repaired. Last and the most interesting- she forgot to lock the front door- YES..isn't this interesting.

And I was left with no other option but to say 'BYE-BYE' to the silent treatment I was giving to her. If Aunt Carol wasn't there, I am sure I wouldn't be here telling you about the story. I mean, winning from Riddhima whether in physical form, verbal form or even mental form is IMPOSSIBLE. She has all kinds of excuses ready from small ones to big ones, sense to senseless ones- you name it and she has used it all.

Now as we didn't have had any temporary house to live, Dad offered his house. I was okay with it- who wouldn't? At least we were getting roof over our head till everything gets repaired but ...hey look where my wife's mind went this time. I don't know from where she got this in her head but she told Dad...we were also present btw...

"Dad..Me and in your house. How can you even think like this? I can't Dad...after marriage..my pati's house is my house and my khuddari feeling is not allowing this. What are my padosi gonna think about this...thank you for the offer dad but we'll manage.."

To be honest, I was flying in air after hearing such a heavy, bhari dialogue from her mouth. Wife standing beside her husband- who wouldn't but the situation we were in- Why? Why is it that she always comes up with wrong dialogue at the wrong time? Before I could rectify her mistake I saw them having the proud daughter-father moment.

"Armaan, I am impressed...you have changed my daughter for good.." Dad told me and all I could do was nod my head with a plastered smile.

And that's the reason why we are living in the guest room of the house and fighting for the bed every night. Now tell me- am I not the sufferer here and if for one night I do get the guest room to myself what's wrong in it. Itna suffer karne ke baad, thodi suffering to voh bhi utha sakti hai mere liye...par usko samajh aye tab na..She has this big misconception that she is the sufferer and not the person who makes me suffer...YEAH RIGHT.       

**************************************************************************

"Divorce..." the word is moving inside and outside my head and why? Coz after spending so much time with my lovable wife even I have got her bad habit of opening the BIG MOUTH at the wrong time.