Fallen

Ruby stayed with sugar the whole rest of the day, helping her out around the shop as best she could. It felt so nice. The room was filled with maternal and daughterly love. It was new yet fimiliar, like a memory of a dream from long ago.
"How long did you know?"
"I had my suspicions when you were a child but I was never sure until I saw you sitting on my stoop." Sugar said as she checked out a customer and ruby swept the floors and the sun began to set outside.
"Your wings are the exact same as your father's." Sugar told her, smiling over at her.
Ruby smiled a bit, a sad smile but a smile. "So why didn't he want me?"
"Your father was never happy to lose his place in heaven. He was always doing everything he could to try and earn forgiveness. His way of looking at it was that if he released another demon on the world God would never forgive him."
Ruby hmphed as she looked back at the floor.
"Don't hate him sweetie. He was just confused and desperate.." Sugar said gently.
"He put me in a trashcan...to die." She said, pausing her sweeping and sugars eyes got wide before she looked off and moved over to her, hugging her tight. "Ok you can hate him a little... but... you didn't die. You lived. You grew. And now look you. So strong and beautiful. I'm so proud to call you my daughter." She said, squeezing ruby tight and ruby smiled and hugged her mother back. This is what she had always dreamed of. Little moments like this with a mother who loved her.

Ruby helped sugar close everything up and kissed her cheek. "I'll be back soon mom." She said before bolting into the sky and sugar waved from the street below, blowing her a kiss as she watched her baby fly away into the night.

Ruby glided gently on the breeze, a smile on her face. She couldn't believe it. She had found out who her mother was and gotten to meet her and she loved her! Today had been the best day of ruby's 25 years on that earth.
At least until something hard and heavy came crashing on her from above, sending her flying down through the trees of the forest and into the ground with a cry of surprise and then pain. Lots of pain.
Ruby slid to a stop against a large oak tree and grit her teeth as she tried to sit up, coughing and spitting up blood onto the ground as she wince. That was a broken rib or two for sure.
She heard a stick break and she looked up to see a man with glowing red eyes and huge bat wings. Dressed in a black pinstripe suite. "Well well well..." He mused in a voice that sounded like thick black coffee. Gruff and low, almost like a growl, even deeper than the devils.
He knelt down and took her chin, making her look up at him more directly since she was having a hard time focusing with the head trama and all.
"Daddy's little girl." He said with a chuckle and her eyes widened.
This...was her father. She snarled and tried to swipe her clawed hand at him but he caught it and moved to grab her neck and he pushed her back against the tree with a loud thud, the whole tree shaking under the force of her impact against it and she gasped for air as it was knocked from her lungs.
He had one hand pinning her wrist up by her head and one hand around her throat as he smiled at her and she snarled as she tried to pull his hand off her neck. "Let me go!" She growled.
He chuckled. "I will. Don't you worry about that. I just wanna talk. A little father daughter bonding time if you will?"
She grit her teeth as she tried desperately to break free of his hold, feeling his claws in her neck and wrist made her quickly stop wriggling though so she wouldn't cause anymore damage to herself.
"What do you want?"
"I want my place back with my father in heaven. He and I have made a deal you see. If I can get your soul I can give it to him and he will take me back." He explained, "normally I'd rip your soul out of you and be on my merry way but there's an issue. Your soul is locked up tight. It's owed to the devil. I can't touch it unless he gives it up."
She snarled. "Well I'm not giving it to you, even if the devil would give it up i..."
"I think you'll change your tune if you know what I'll do if you dont..." He interrupted
She swallowed and he smirked as he felt it under his hand. "I will not only take your mother's soul from her I will also pull the soul out of every child in kettles orphanage..."
Her eyes widened. All those children... her mother... no she couldn't let that happen. "I... I don't know how to get him to give me my soul back..."
"Break his heart." He said with a shrug. "He won't want it if he sends you away. Destroy him and it's all yours and then it will be all mine."
He said as he let go of her and she fell forward onto her hands and rubbed her throat. "B-but i... I can't hurt him i.." She looked up to protest but saw that he was already flying into the air, "You have three days ruby. Three days!" He called to her and she watched him go before she slowly moved to her shaking legs and stumbled her way out of the forest and back to the casino.