Odd Little Family

The devil burst into The bathroom and the poor boys both yelled and clung to eachother, ducking down to hide amongst the bubbles.
"Oh! Now look what you gone and done! You scared them!" RUBY snapped as he glared daggers at the two kids in his bathtub. Ruby stood,reaching in and pulling them out, wrapping them each in a fuzzy black towel. "Its ok boys. No one's gonna hurt you. He's just a grumpy old fur ball." She said as she rubbed them with the towels to dry them off
The devil made a face at being called old..and grumpy... and a fur ball. "Ruby why in my name are there children here?" He asked, his voice tight.
"Because I said they could be and if you have a problem with that I will gladly have a conversation about it once I get them into bed. It's late and they need sleep."
She went into their closet and pulled out two of the devils silk night shirts. They would swallow the boys but they'd work for the night.
The devil felt his eye twitch, seeing her dress those two kids in his clothes.
"And just where are the going to sleep?" He asked, crossing his arms and tapping his foot impatiently.
She picked each boy up in one arm and walked past him, the boys clinging to her neck and hiding their faces from the devil.
"In your office. Now come help me push two sofas together." She said from their bedroom door.
He growled but did as she asked, "this is ridiculous ruby. Why are they staying the night?" He moaned as he pushed two sofas together and laid out a blanket.
"Because their orphanage is all the way across the isles back further away than where we met so I don't want to take them home this late at night. Now quit your moaning." She said as she laid the boys down and smiled at them, tucking a big blanket around them. " Are you comfy boys?"
They nodded and pulled the blanket up to their chins.
"Now boys don't be nervous. I'm not gonna let the big mean devil hurt you. You're safe with me ok?" She said, leaning down to kiss their heads, leaving lipstick marks on them.
"He's not gonna take our souls?"
Mugman asked quietly.
She shook her head
"No no! He would never do that to a child. Especially not such sweet little cups like you. Now go to sleep. You've got a big day tomorrow. If you need anything I'll be just in that other room. Ok?"
They smiled and nodded and she turned to pull the devil by his horn into their room, closing the door gently behind them before glaring at him.
"Couldn't you have been a little nicer about that? They're scared enough." She scolded, folding her arms.
He raised an eyebrow, "nicer? Nicer? Ruby I'm the devil I don't do nice!"
She rolled her eyes and went to sit on the bed. "You're so full of it."
"What? What do you want ruby? Do you want kids now or something? Have you been talking to your mother again?"
"I've always wanted kids! And...and yes I'd like to have a baby but... i... I don't know... they're so sweet..."
His eyes widened. "Ruby... we are not adopting those two... dishes!"
She glared at him, "keep your voice down! They'll hear you.... and why not? They're sweet, polite, and positively adorable... I think they'd make fantastic sons..."
The devil growled and turned to face away from her and she stood, walking over to him, wrapping her arms around him. "Besides... if we have a baby of our own I'd have to lose this figure... you wouldn't want that now would you Luci?" She said, leaning up to bite that special spot on his neck and he snarled and turned around, pushing her and pinning her to the wall. "I know what you're doing..." He warned
"Is it at least working?" She asked playfully with a smile, swaying her hips.
His eyes narrowed and he was quiet for a long moment before he snarled again. "Yes..."
She beamed and hugged him tight around the neck
"You're the best darling." She mused and he hugged her back.
Great. Now he had kids...He had to share ruby... fantastic.
He couldn't help but smile at the thought though. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad...Especially if it made ruby this happy...

-end-