Fifteen

9 weeks

"Are you having a good time tonight, Skye?" Calum asks, wrapping his arm around her, pulling her into his side.

"It has been a wonderful day. But baby Hood is making me tired and I don't know how much more I'm going to be able to handle." She sighs, leaning her head against his shoulder.

"Are you feeling sick, baby?" Calum turns to her, worry starting to build behind his big brown eyes. She simply shrugs, setting Calum on a course to get her out of there quickly. "Let's say goodbye to mum and Nika, and maybe Mali. I'll get Ashton to line everyone up for our exit, unless you'd rather sneak out without the big exit."

"The exit is really for everyone else, but I'd like to do it." She smiles, "I need to find Mali and Nika anyway, they are going to help me change into my leaving dress. No need to wear this massive dress out."

"If you're stealing Mali I can scare Kai a little bit." Calum smirks as they round the small party in search of the couple.

"He's nice, Cal, and he makes her so happy. I know you liked him so just let it be."

"I know, but I feel like I should be protective of her. Even if he seems nice and she looks happy."

"Just relax, Cal." Skye laughs, grabbing Mali's arm as she moves to walk the opposite direction as they catch her.

"My sister!" Mali giggles, hugging Skye for the twelve hundredth time today.

"I need you're help, wanna get me changed so we can head out? I have kept the sick mostly under control but I'm getting really tired and it's not going to help the sick stay at bay."

"Let's grab Nika and go." Mali nods, taking Skye's hand from Calum.

"I'll get Liz and Ashton to get everyone set for our goodbye." Calum kisses her cheek quickly before letting her go with his sister.

"Need any help?" Kai extends the offer to Calum as the girls hurry away.

"Just need to let everyone know we are going to leave out that door and Ashton has the sparklers for the send off." Calum nods, "Thanks."

"Of course. I know you're protective, Mali told me as much. I promise, Calum, I try to be a good guy, and I love your sister very much." Kai stops him before he can head the other way.

"I'm trying to trust that." Calum nods, "it's not personal I promise."

"I know. I just wanted to reassure you myself."

"Thanks." Calum nods before heading across the space to where his best friend is sitting with KayKay rested against his side. His hands cradling his wife's ever growing baby bump.

"Sorry to break up the Irwin family cuddles, but Skye's changing so we can get out of here, can you do one more best man chore and get people organized for the send off?" Calum smiles at them.

"Yes he can. Once you guys leave we can leave and that means I can take a warm bath and go to bed." KayKay reaches forward having Calum pull her from her chair.

"It would have been a yes from me too." Ashton laughs.

"Thanks, guys."

Calum finds a chair to wait patiently for Skye to get back as he watches his bandmates round up the crowd and get them set.

"Dad!" Nika skips over to him after a while, hugging him tightly.

"Be good for Nana and Mali, alright? We'll see you tomorrow." He hugs her tightly.

"I will." She giggles, hugging Skye quickly too. "I'm so glad you're my mom now." She whispers.

"Me too, Nika Joy. Me too." Skye laughs, letting go of the hug as Mali pulls Nika towards the crowd lining the path to their waiting car.