A Tight-Knit Family / Love Is Blind

"I'm excited for what's next though!" Whizzer squealed. (haha, just you wait) The music to the next song started, catching everyone's attention.

MARVIN
Well, the situation's this
I do not wish to offend
I divorced my wife
I left my child
And I ran off with a friend

Marvin let out a nervous chuckle as everything became awkward at the reminder of how this messed up family started; with him cheating on his wife and mother of his child. Of course, it had all turned out okay...kinda. Now Trina was truly loved, and Marvin was no longer lying to himself.

Whizzer brought it upon himself to nudge Marvin in the side playfully, smiling slightly as he told him, "Excuse me, but I am no 'friend' mister."

But I want a tight-knit family

Whizzer, Trina, and Jason groaned, all too used to the obsessive idea Marvin had about his picture-perfect family. Marvin shook his head, knowing he'd rather have the family that sat around him now.

I want a group that harmonizes
I want my wife and kid and friend

"I feel offended at being referred to as your friend." Whizzer mumbled, smiling slightly when Marvin pulled him closer.

To pretend
Time will mend
Our pain

Jason rolled his eyes. He hated his dad back then, and hearing all the pretend bullshit annoyed him.

So it's nineteen seventy-nine
And we don't go by the book

Multiple snorts and sarcastic comments were heard around the room.

We all eat as one—
Wife, friend, and son—

"Not...fucking...friend...Christ." Whizzer mumbled to himself.

And I sing out as they cook

Whizzer was slightly convinced Marvin had a cooking kink.

I love my tight-knit family
I love the way they cook linguine

Jade snorted at that.

Isn't it great? We're all so swell
Such a dear clientele

I swear we're gonna come through it
I fear we'll probably fight

Marvin hugged Whizzer even tighter, apologising, "Sorry for how I treated you those past years."

Whizzer smiled at him, "Hey...if we didn't have those fights and y'know, break up, we wouldn't have matured and became who we are now."

"And who are we now?"

"Two unlikely lovers." Marvin smiled at that. He kissed Whizzer on the forehead and went back to watching the musical.

But nothing's impossible
Live by your wit—
Kid, wife, and lover will have to admit

"Finally!" Whizzer cheered.