Prologue

Sehnsucht: A wistful longing and yearning in the heart for travels of the past and future.

Summary: Jimin and Jungkook's first encounter

----

"The masters are back from their trip!" I jolted from my rest as the golden sun kissed my delicate skin. Hearing those words are enough to make my heart jump from my ribcage. I then hurried to Jihyun and Ji-ah's side of the room to tell them the great news.

"Psstt hey Ji-ah wake up, mommy and daddy's here!" I whisper-exclaimed on her ear.
"Hmm...save it for later, Jimin. I wanna sleeep," she mumbles, tossing and turning to the left side of her bed. 

"They're reaally here! So come in wake up!" I whined in a soft tone. 
"What's all the hocus pocus all about? Hyung, it's too early~" Jihyun asked and sat up from his bed as he looked at me with drowsiness in his eyes.

For us, that sound of those glass doors opening and closing and the sound of a lady's heels stepping foot on the shiny marble floors are the signs that we would hurry downstairs to go and meet our parents, as our maids and butlers watch the moment happily while mopping the floors and blasting some hits of The Beatles. The exciting part there is listening to them tell us stories or robots and machines, or how things work, depending if that came into question, or anything that any child would find boring, nor appreciate at least.

That's when an idea popped up in my little head. I crawled on top of Ji-ah, desperate to wake her, the both of them up.
"Don't you believe me? They're really here!" She especially loathed having someone or something heavy pressed against her, but I've no choice.

"Young masters?" The voice of our nanny inquired outside our room.
"Come in!" I yelled, and continued waking these two sleepyheads.
"Your breakfast is prepared, and the mistress wants to see you," a sly smile formed on my face as I watched the two of them bring back to reality and finally waking up.

"I'm coming, nanny!!" I exclaimed, my excitement can no longer be contained, as I took our nanny's hand.
"Hey, no fair! Wait for us, hyung!" Jihyun replied, strutting behind us.

"Told ya!" I replied with my usual smile as we all went out of our shared room.
"Whatever, I'm tellin' mommy what you did to me!" She whined and batted her curly lashes at me  as she went ahead of us.

"Mommy! Daddy!" The three of us went different ways as we ran towards the two adults waiting in the lobby area of our house.

"My babies, I've missed you!" Mommy says as she hugged us. "Did you miss us?"

"We sure did!!" Ji-ah replied as she snuggled into daddy's chest.
"Tell us about your trip!!" We waddled behind them as they went towards the dining room, leaving their luggage to the butlers to carry those in their room.

"Later, sweethearts. Daddy's got some work to do, I'll join you guys later." Daddy said, taking off his lab coat and headed towards his office.

"Mommy, what did daddy do?" Jihyun and I asked as we sat in the dining room and quietly ate our share of breakfast. 
"He's only tired, sweetheart. Let him rest for now," she said before saying that she will dress herself. 

A few minutes later, while we did our usual routines, filling the whole house with our laughter when we played, daddy finally came out of nowhere with a smile on his face.

"I've got something to show you three," he said, looking at us with promised eyes. 
"What is it? What is it??" I joined my two siblings as we jumped up and down in utter excitement.

"Follow me," he orders, which we gladly obeyed. 

"Alfredo, don't you dare show them," I heard mommy say to him, with a hint of worry and controlled glee in her tone.
"Don't worry, I'll be here to protect them," daddy answered as he led us into his laboratory which I adored very much.