Chapter 4

Mistlepaw dug the ground anxiously, she lifted her muzzle at Sunstar. It was the Gathering and she was deciding who to go. Please me! We are kin! Mistlepaw didn't forget how Sunstar was her kin, Sunstar was Goldentail's littermate. Except they didn't interact as much like they used to when apprentices and kits.

Sunstar was looking at every warrior and apprentice, Fernpaw and Hollypool padded out of the Medicine cats' den. Mistlepaw fluffed her chest out, please! She looked at Pinepaw and Lightpaw who stood on either side of her.

Goldentail had given them a few rough licks just in case they were going. Sunstar nodded. "I've made my decision, Lilypaw, Mistlepaw, Pinepaw, and Lightpaw are coming." she yowled. "As well as Icefrost, Talonclaw, Joysong, Bramblenose, Berryheart, and Dovetuft."

Mistlepaw's fur prickled, yes it as her time to go! "Quick groom!" Goldentail hissed, she struggled to clean the three apprentice's fur, but Mistlepaw's pelt was already sleek enough to show her that she didn't need grooming.

Mistlepaw padded over to the group of cats, she watched as Lightpaw fluttered over to Dovetuft, while Pinepaw stayed with Mistlepaw.

"So the fallen tree might be slippery, be careful!" Pinepaw warned.

Mistlepaw nodded, it was just advice, he wasn't being overprotective now. But Mistlepaw didn't want to fall inside the dark river, it would be salty and would make her all wet.

Sunstar called the cats, Mistlepaw struggled inside the tunnel. Maybe she would get to speak to Featherheart! Mistlepaw grew closer to her siblings as they trekked down the slope.

"We are speaking to Featherheart." she whispered.

Lightpaw's eyes grew wide. "A senior warrior, most of all a deputy?"

"Yes." Mistlepaw nodded. "We need to learn if we are really his kits."

Pinepaw stopped for a moment, his green eyes turned blank. "Pinepaw?"

"I had another vision!" he mewed. "Nothing important, but BreezeClan is very skinny."

Mistlepaw watched as the cats grew closer to the river, her eyes grew wide in alarm. There wasn't a lot of water. The water was very low, and you could see the dried up rock and dirt walls on the sides. If a kit fell in there, they wouldn't drown.

Mistlepaw heard Dovetuft murmur. "What do you think happened?"

Well the river dried up, duh! Mistlepaw climbed up the fallen tree, was it even necessary to climb it? They wouldn't drown.

Mistlepaw dug her claws into the tree, Pinepaw was right and it was unbelievably slippery. At the end, Mistlepaw hopped off Pinepaw behind, Mistlepaw turned around waiting for Lightpaw.

Lightpaw slipped! She fell into the river, standing up. The small currents didn't even make her fall. Lightpaw scrambled up the grit walls, her legs soaked.

"If it makes you feel better, Mistlepaw didn't fall." Pinepaw joked.

"Shut up!" Lightpaw growled.

They padded through BreezeClan's territory, Mistlepaw tasted the air. It had a fishy scent along with the stench of crow-food. Mistlepaw pressed over on Pinepaw and Lightpaw. They came across SlopeClan and BreezeClan, the two Clans were together and there was a bramble bush.

The cats began to squeeze inside the brambles. Mistlepaw felt one of its thorns dig into her pelt, she tried as hard as she could not to yowl.

She wriggled onto the other side, there were four rocks! One of them was CloudClan's trees on them, BreezeClan was the river, SlopeClan some grass, and CliffClan three mountains.