Chapter 16

Mistleheart felt a bit better when she woke up, but terror still clung to her pelt, she still had plenty of worries to care about and no cat to help. Beechpaw was still asleep in the den when Mistleheart had peered through.

Hollypool's eyes appeared out. "Stop caring so much and find something to do." the old medicine cat grumbled.

She stepped back, waving her tail. Smokeleg had padded up to Mistleheart, a plump rabbit in his jaws. "Do you wanna eat with me, Mistleheart?" he murmured.

She shrugged, the two warriors scrambled onto the Sharing Rocks. They ate and shared tongues, after they both fell asleep.

A glowing light alerted Mistleheart. Along with roaring, Mistleheart screeched as a monster was going her way, the grumbling sounding louder.

Two cats were watching her, Mistleheart couldn't see who they were. The monster got near and everything went dark. Soon, Mistleheart woke up, she had her pelt silvery with stars on it. She was still in the thunderpath, but whenever a monster came up it went through her.

She was dead. Then a figure appeared, a ginger coat and a white chest. Foxclaw! She raced over to her mother. Her mother did not move, she seemed stiff, but her head cranked over to look at her.

"Be careful, Mistleheart." she whispered. "My sweet, stay safe, don't worry so much."

Then she was gone and Mistleheart was back, sleeping peacefully beside Smokeleg. Mistleheart lapped her pelt, getting rid of the curly pieces of it and jumped off the rock. She slid outside of camp, hoping to hunt to prove that she was worthy of her Clan and StarClan didn't have to worry so much. A scent of a blackbird was nearby, Mistleheart crouched down. She pounced as the blackbird was alarmed and was going to fly off, nipping its neck, it fell down.

"Get out of here you flea-bag!" a snarl came from a cat, tasting the air, Mistleheart found out it was a CliffClan cat, a few whimpering from a dog came and the white and black animal appeared from the bushes. Mistleheart hid quickly from the dog and peered through the deep undergrowth to see a CliffClan cat padding back into the moor of it's home.

After a while she appeared out of the undergrowth, the dog leaped up. It's eyes hurt with fear and he yelped. Mistleheart saw the gash where Beechpaw had bit him, there was a bit of blood pouring out of it still and the dry parts of it were stuck to it's white neck fur. Mistleheart shook her head, she unsheathed her claws and the dog yelped. Mistleheart could see it was too tired and weak to fight and there was a claw mark on its eye.

"Poor scrap." Mistleheart murmured, the dog whimpered. "Go on! Get away! Before I change my mind." she wasn't sure if she could take this opportunity to kill it. Suddenly a few stomps came and there was a Twoleg and it's Twoleg kit.

They started meowing to each other in alarm, they petted the dog and yowled when they saw that gash on his throat and the claw mark on it's eye. The dog whimpered when they touched it softly, Mistleheart went back into the undergrowth eyeing the dog. The Two Twolegs put a collar on it and padded back into the forest.

Blinking her sleepiness away, Mistleheart padded back home. Curious, she padded going to the direction of CliffClan camp, she kept going and stopped when she was halfway there. She sniffed a few of the trees and pushed a few fallen branches with her muzzle. She noticed a hole in it, similar to in her vision.

She squeezed inside, crawling inside the dark tunnel. She knew this time it was real and not fake. Finally she was in the cave, it seemed abandoned. Gasping, Mistleheart stepped closer, a droplet of dirty water fell on her whiskers. She wanted to see what was inside that huge dark tunnel with wood logs around it.