Chapter 15- Missing

Elizabeth

A blinding light pierced through long, pink satin curtains. I begin to come back to reality as my eyes adjust to the brightness of the room. I grab my head trying to ease the pounding ache in the back of my head. I look around and notice I'm laying in a huge white bed surrounded by expensive furniture. I began to rack my brain for an answer as to why I was here. Then it hit me, Alexander must have taken me to the castle for a warm place to sleep after I passed out drunk. A smile forms on my face as I think about Alexander and how kind he has been towards me. I begin to walk towards the door to go find him, I imagine his dad isn't too happy with him considering he faked his death and then brought some random girl back. Then to my surprise, the door handle won't open, as if someone had somehow locked it from the inside. After a few minutes of trying to open it with various objects, I begin to knock on the door.

"Alexander must have accidentally locked it or something," I think to myself

I began to hear heavy footsteps coming towards the door. I hear a voice unlike Alexander's mumbling to someone as the door handle shakes.

"Alexander?" I asked.

The door opens and there's a rather large man standing in the doorway looking at me confused.

"Sorry ma'am, no Alexander here. My name is Archibald, the Prince's right-hand man if you will. Prince Charles requests your presence in the dining hall," The man replies apologetically.

"Prince Charles?" I whisper to myself.

"Um sorry sir, but who is Prince Charles?"

"Oh so sorry miss! How rude of me. Prince Charles was told that you were quite the eligible bachelorette. You see, the prince needs a queen to become king. It's a tradition. Quite odd if you ask me," The man replies

"WHAT!?" I yell stopping in my tracks.

"There is absolutely no way I'm marrying some desperate prince!"

"Seems to me you were already thinking about it," The large man chuckles

"What do you mean?" I ask

"Prince Alexander, he followed you all the way here. That's commitment considering it was a four-hour journey. He's in the dungeon so I wouldn't try anything if I were you."

"I probably shouldn't have said that," Archibald whispers to himself.

Before I can say another word the man grabs me by the arm as I struggle to run away. Unfortunately, he was much stronger than me. Archibald opens the door to the dining area and throws me inside, slamming the door behind me. I fall on the floor, most likely looking extremely pathetic. I look up and see an extremely long table in front of a fireplace that is roaring behind it. Seated at the head was Prince Charles.

"Welcome, Darling! Have a seat, will you?" The prince asks almost sarcastically

I want to yell and kick and scream like you are taught in school to do when you get kidnapped, but I know if I resist they could hurt Alexander, so I comply. I slowly walk over the table, pull out one of the lavishly decorated chairs, and take a seat.

"I'll admit when I first heard about you I wasn't sure. You seemed very odd, what with all the drinking in such, but once you sober up you're not so bad," The prince states.

I roll my eyes in an attempt to underhandedly insult him. I begin to go through escape routes in my head, but I've only been down one hallway so I had no idea how to get out of this maze of a castle. All of a sudden, what I can only assume to be the catering staff, walks out holding trays and trays of food.