Chapter 2- The Revelation

Elizabeth

I look around as I notice the aristocratic-looking façade of the room I am in. I can't seem to put two in two together as to where I am. How does one fall in a box and somehow end up in what seems to be a palace or castle of some kind? I see a door and open it cautiously, unaware as to what I may see. I look down a long gold and red hallway, painted with modern patterns all alongside the walls. I begin to step out when all of a sudden I hear footsteps which sound as if they are coming in my direction. I peek through the crack in the door and I see three young women walk down the hallway wearing long thick dresses with aprons layered over them. That's when it set in that I was no longer in a time of my own. I began to look around for some clothes that would help me blend in. Conveniently, there was an old, wooden, wardrobe just across the room from me that had a few nice looking dresses in them. I spotted a light blue one with a white trim along the bottom and tried it on. Interestingly enough, it fits perfectly and would make a great disguise (if I do say so myself). I approach the door apprehensively because I'm still not quite sure what it may entail, and I don't want to get into any trouble while I'm here. I begin to look for someone I can talk to who may have even the slightest clue of how I can get home. As I leave the posh room I had landed in, I begin to walk down the long golden hallway. I try to remain as natural as possible but I can't help but feel extremely out of place. Suddenly out of nowhere, a tall man who seems to be a king or prince of some sort comes strutting down the corridor. He is surrounded by five or six guards, which leaves me curious as to why he needs protection in his own house, nevertheless, it seems as though he may be my only hope of getting out of this place.

"Excuse me...Ummm... sir?" I say hesitantly.

The guards following him simply give me a nasty glare and continue walking past me. I suppose my clothes may make me seem as though I am a maid, and I'll need an excuse to talk to him. After the prince passes me I walk quickly in the other direction down the same hallway. I look into every open door to see if I can find any answers.

Amelia

I wake to the sound of loud deep voices yelling and wooden wheels rolling over dry dirt and rocks. The air was cool and smelled of fresh flowers. As I begin to open my eyes I see wooden wagons passing by and women wearing long dull dresses that cover their ankles. Men were walking by wearing loose beige shirts and long brown pants, all of which were torn up. When I sat up I started pulling handfuls of straw that were entangled in my hair. I began to get the idea that maybe I somehow ended up at a medieval fair, I looked closer at the hills and tall trees, and the lack of actual buildings. As I put together the scenery, outfits, and lack of civilization I began to get the idea that I am not in my period anymore. Large and small tan tents were scattered around a small stream and there were no buildings in sight. Nobody had seemed to pay attention to me which was a good thing because I did not look like I was from around here. I was wearing tight jeggings and a Cole Swindell t-shirt, yet I had no shoes on just some black socks. I spotted a small tent that was located close to a well that had some clothes placed around the side of it. As horses and people scurried across the dirt paths going along with whatever their jobs might be, I casually walked toward the well and grabbed the clothes on the side while half walking half running into the tent. When I arrived in the tent it was empty except a small pot in the corner containing a liquid I could only guess as pee. A small mouse scurried across the tent and out the flap I had entered through as I jumped suddenly from the unexpected rodent. The dress I grabbed was tan and worn down with a few snags at the bottom and rips along the ends but it matched the other women's dresses almost identically. I slipped on some brown slipper-like shoes that felt like worn down leather before I peeked out the tent wondering what I should do next. The good thing was that I have always loved watching medieval shows and movies so hopefully, that would give me the advantage to find Elizabeth so we could find our way back home. At least the scenery of the tall hills of forest green and beautiful crystal blue stream would help put me at ease, I thought to myself as I continued peering around the tent flap.