Life is hell

Chloe lamented as she sat down on her table to go through the victim files. She was working on a case. But her mind was somewhere else. Life never looked so dull. Time refused to pass, and pain refuses to fade. Chloe used to enjoy work. The number of unused vacation on her list would be a clear evidence for that. But now, she started to think, whether it was the work she liked...or was it the person she liked working with? And now suddenly everything changed. How simple times were, when all of this used to be a bloody metaphor for her. She wished she never knew about it, about Lucifer being the actual devil. And deep down she heavily wished Lucifer hadn't gone from her life. But this was what she wanted right? She didn't want the Devil in her life? Then why was she so upset? Lucifer's final words, "Who could possibly love me?" tore her apart. And his gaze, the blank, unreadable gaze as if everything down in his heart have died for the last time, it pinched her heart as hard as possible. She missed him, and she has been missing him since the last month, when all of these happened. She dared not to visit him to the Lux, but a part of her wanted to. Trixie, her daughter also lost a very good friend. Maze and Lucifer, disappeared a month ago. - no phones, no emails, no contact. All he left, was a resignation letter to the Lieutenant as the civilian consultant.

"Hey, Chloe" Dan said, breaking into her reverie. She looked up to find him standing in front of her table with a huge pile of files. "There has been a lead. But its complicated."

"Oh, why so?" Chloe asked nonchalantly.

"Because the lead is dealing with Mr Sandurz, the extremely dangerous and high profile casino owner. We can't even reach him without a warrant and with that too, we have to get hold of his security first to meet him. It will take a couple of days. Apparently the victim was a card reader in one of Sandurz's casino and he seemed to have a fight with him the last week and the latter threatened him too."

"Okay so maybe Sandurz in order to maintain his profile killed him or maybe he knows something about the killer." Chloe stood up and hurried away when Dan stopped her.

"Where are you going? We dont have a warrant!" He said.

"Oh we have Lucifer...." Chloe replied almost instantly but stopped in her statement. The void in her heart surfaced and stabbed her. She realised Lucifer was not there with her. She felt as if she lost her spine, her support..Sighing, she trudged back to her desk.

"Lucifer what are you doing? " Chloe was shocked to see him in her apartment. The door was locked and he could never enter unless someone opened the door. But she already stoppoed figuring out that years ago. There were secrets she never understood about him. It was an extremely rough day for her - tons of paperwork, almost got shot by a psyho killer ( she dodged it) and then an unnecessary fight with her mother! How bad can a day go? And then, Lucifer standing in front of him in the middlle of night, just when she was about to crash on her bed. She looked at his smiling face and somehow the weariness she was having faded away slowly. Lucifer slowly neared her and whispered, " Detective, you had a rough day it seems. Now I know you very well. You are too tired to make dinner. So I brought you some grilled cheese. Dont worry just a friendly gesture." He smiled wider.

Chloe's face lit up. She never knew how hunngry she was. Maybe the tiredness suppressed the hunger. She looked at his eyes and smiled.

Lucifer held her hands and made her sit on the couch comfortably. The fireplace was soothingly warm. He sat beside her, arms wrapped around her shoulders, making Chloe loosen up. While she slowly rested her back on her Lucifer's shoulders, like a soft pillow, he slowly ran his fingers on her shoulders finding the hard, stiff spots and tapped them, massaging to ease her stress. She gobbled up the grilled cheese in no time and soon everything went black. She fell asleep, laying on Lucifer.