Choices Suck!

"I love my partner, b..but I..I don't love you..I nothing you."

Lucifer closed his eyes feeling the vehement pain in his chest, swallowing down his painful tears, as the elevator of the penthouse click opened. He slowly walked in, his flickering over the piano, the bar and the artistic book shelves he so loved; but now those seemed meaningless to him. How could he ever dream of being happy? He is the evil incarnate, the prince of sins and of course nobody will love him. When he came to know that his Dear Dad put Chloe in his path, though it hurt him deeply, deep down he knew Chloe had feelings for him, maybe smoke and mirrors, but there were still feelings. But now Chloe's fearful stare, the desperate 'stay away from me' vibe he got from her and 'I nothing you' drowned him in the seven oceans of misery, pain and guilt. Everything looked hazy, blinking the tears would not help. The whsikey, gin or tequilla which could cover the physical injuries he got from being around Chloe, could never heal this one he was going through. Bubbles of anger seeped down his veins. But the anger seemed soothing, less stabbing than the pain. He could feel anything but the pain. And soon this anger, this agony overpowered him. The bar, the book shelf shattered and crumbled with a blasting sound of the glass crumbling and spreading everywhere like uncontrolled, unimagined flu, with his aimless destruction and limitless anger. The penthouse witnessed a rebellion - A rebel fighting his own self and heard the agonising screams of a deeply broken man.

He fell on his knees, panting and sobbing quietly amongst the million glass pieces on the floor. Chloe must be thinking about the mistake she made by letting the Devil come into her life, he thought. That one person, Chloe who changed him for better, changed him again. And then Lucifer's phone chimed into his pocket. As he took it out and switched it on, Chloe's picture set as the lockscreen stared at him gleefully with a message from Maze ;

"She knows?! Will come over? Lucifer! Are you okay?"

But the words didn't register in his head. He kept looking at the wallpaper, at Chloe and eventually at the darkened screen. His palms pained,not realising how tightly he had been holding the phone, the whiteness in the fingers increased, and he felt the coldness of tears reaching the base of the neck and the depositing in his shirt's collar. He lamented heavily. I can never be loved, so what's the point?! That one person I thought was different, also thinks that I am a monster. She hates me. And I don't blame her. Its all on me.

The elevator door opened, Maze walked in, seeing the shattered bar, broken woods of the book shelves and torn pages flying around the penthouse, and amidst those sat Lucifer on his knees. Maze saw him holding the phone so hard, that the screen cracked erecting out some glass piece. But probably Lucifer didnt notice this. His mind was somewhere else.

"Lucifer!" She rushed to his side, shaking him rapidly to bring his senses back.

" Mazikeen, Its time for us to go back." Lucifer said calmly, still staring at the cracked phone. His voice sheltered an unusually cold tone and dead expression, which Maze couldn't place. She waited for him to say more, but he didn't. He quietly stood up and headed towards his bedroom inside..

Maze walked around investigating the amountless destruction in the penthouse, except for the piano.

***********

"Dan, Did you put out a BOLO for Lucifer? I told you to do that?" Chloe strolled up and down the precinct shouting information to the fellow inspectors. She was determined to find Lucifer, but first she had to make sure he didn't go to hell. She went through the dealer list of LUX, only to find out that Lux was in the process of getting sold.

"So if Lux is not sold yet, then the paperworks are remaining. And if so, then Lucifer is not in hell, because he is required to complete the paperwork." She thought to herself. Ever since she saw the dream, two days ago, she has been trying to find Lucifer desperately. Her phone calls, texts, voicemails are in vain, of course it is if Lucifer has changed his number. And Maze, she is with her devil friend, so a bounty hunter is unavailable. But all of these made Chloe all the more determined to find him. Her gut feeling was her strength and it solidified her hope to find Lucifer. But where will she start? Lucifer has moved out of LA, that was sure, but what wasn't sure was where he would go..