Quite tough, eh?

This place is the closest to heaven I can ever get." Charlotte chuckled as she saw Amenadiel sit next to her. They were sitting on a bench at a hilltop - her favourite spot. The amount of peace and serenity she got there was unexplainable. And the day was quite celebratory. She helped LAPD to catch a bad guy - a guy she had been seeing in her hell loop. And now she put that guy off. Charlotte sighed internally. She could have never got out of that trauma, if she would not have met Dan, Lucifer and Amenadiel. Though she had a meltdown after knowing the fact that her body was used by the Goddess of all creation, mother of two celestial being, she was happy - Atleast she was not mad! And now, by doing good deeds, helping to catch the bad guys, she can redeem herself for good.

"Congratulations mo...Charlotte" Amenadiel cleared his throat to shove the awkwardness away. As much he adored and loved Charlotte, it was difficult for him to consider the fact that she was NOT his mother anymore.

"It's awkward to hear 'mother' from a thousand years old angel." Charlotte laughed quietly as she airquoted 'mother'..Amenadiel also reacted with a short, pleasant laugh.

"It sure is.."

"I have helped the LAPD to catch a killer, but..." Charlotte lamented, "but this is not enough.."

"It's a promising start though."

"But this guy has hurt so many people! And I have done nothing to stop him and so many others like him!"

"Charlotte, don't think like that. " Amenadiel put a warm, gentle hand on her shoulder squeezing it assuringly. "You have done a good job. You have stopped him from hurting so many others in future. You are a good person. " She smiled at him. They both braced silence for moments, a nice, comfortable silence, looking at the night sky..

And then suddenly Charlotte hurried up, sheilding herself in front of Amenadiel and within a fraction of seconds , BOOM! BOOM! Two gunshots..Charlotte's body was thrown back with a vehement forces as she collapsed in the angel's lap and arms. On her side, there were two angry bullet wounds gushing out blood, as she watched him blearily.

"No, no ,no Charlotte stay with me" Amenadiel cried out, panicked .."We are gonna get to the hospital. " Charlotte nodded weakly, before she knocked out, unconscious in his lap. The angel took a few minutes, but eventually the black wings popped out of his back, he stood carrying Charlotte in his arms and the next moment, she was carried in a stretcher into the Operation Theatre. The rest of the night was passed tensedly for Dan, Chloe, Ella, Lucifer and Amenadiel. Nobody took any minute of rest till, the doctor strolled out of OT saying, " She is okay, We have taken out the bullets, but she is very weak, a lot of blood has lost. We will be observing her for a few days.."

Though it was big relief for Dan, that Charlotte was okay, he had to find that bastard who did that to his girl. With teary eyes, a red flushed face and anger rushing down him,, he said, "I won't rest untill I punish that dickhead who did this to her."

"I too shall see to it, that he is punished!" Lucifer supported him as he kept his hands on Dan's shoulder. Chloe, Ella and Amenadiel also nodded in agreement.

The doctors and the nurses strolled about the room, checking Lucifer's pressure, heart beats and any sign of weakness - none, all normal, surprisingly. A day ago te patient was nearly dead, lying unconscious like a stone. And then, he seemed perfect, casually sitting on his bed with his legs crossed, watching cat videos on his phone and letting out occasional giggles. Chloe was sure about him being well, when she saw him from the couch, flirting smoothly with the nurse who was checking his pulse. She also seemed to fall in his perfect charms, smiling to all the sexual jokes he made to her. Chloe stopped herself not to think about the moment she said I love you, to the Devil, well she didn't say it directly romantically, but she did kiss his devil face, much to his bewilderment. And also she used her 'Laser beam' hands to cure him. Since then and the time when Aerial literally acted as a wingman to Chloe, Deckerstar haven't had a conversation much. Lucifer did try to talk off Chloe to return to his penthouse. But she somehow had a feeling that was not about him returning to LA, that was about him returning to Hell. And she never wanted that. So she gave him an excuse,