The Lightbringer

Long ago, when God created the world, there was only darkness. At first he brought the air, gushed by the wings of his thousands of angels and then he brought water.

And then he wished, "Let there be light!" And he created his Lightbringer, who ignited the universe with the light of hope and purity. - The purest, honest and worthiest..- The Lightbringer.

God's favourite son - Samael.

Lucifer shivered as he heard the other voice on the phone..

"Hello Samael.."

The voice was deep and hoarse, much like of his own, except that it was a bit flat and the accent was different. Lucifer recognised the voice. Such similarity in speech and the intended mockery can come only from one person...well angel. Archaengel Michael. His twin. Normally he wouldn't have been affected by any other voice over the call. But this was unexpected. Lucifer knew how Michael was - very closed and observant and a planner. The only brother who was unpredictable even to Uriel in heaven, was his twin. And the worst part, why was he even here? What's his schtick?

"I guess you have been gone for a long time brother! Your penthouse looks shaggy...all covered with white sheets! i think its time you visit here." Michael's voice maintained the tone of mockery throughout, purposefully extending the last syllable of every word.

"What do you want Michael?!" Lucifer's voice was calm and flat, awfully patient but the tone had an underlying fury in it. His jaws tight as he maintained his tensed composure in the precinct, Chloe and Ella were checking certain paperworks and they were too far (in front of the entry staircase) to listen to any phone conversation he was having.

"Uh-uh, not like this brother. I really want to talk. You know how much I missed you!"

"Oh really!" Lucifer scoffed sarcastically, "Your lies are tedious.."

"Come on! ..Just a conversation. After all its important for you and for your little detective..Lux..alone.."

"What about the Det- " And the phone hung up before Lucifer could finsh his statement.

His body flushed with a new set of agony and fear as the words of Michael seeped into his brain's cells. A few hours ago, the Detective tried to kill him, he died, he went to hell and somehow the detective got superpowers to bring him back from the dead and heal him, and then demons are roaming around the city and now Michael - it was enough stress for a normal man to suffer from three panic attacks, but Lucifer was successfully able to camouflage his anxiety in front of Chloe and others. Chloe was a person, she understood half about the celestial stuffs - she was worried of course, but not knowing the complete truth also saved her from worrying more. But sadly that was not the case with Lucifer. He spent about seven years on earth, which was nearly seven hundred thousand years in hell! A time perfectly long enough for the demons to defy their king. If Lucifer failed to pacify them, then the hell will break loose, tortured souls would get out of their loops and the entire humanity would be in danger. He had to break Kinley's plans before he could proceed further, but now since Michael is also an accomplice he was damn sure that there was a deeper plan going on. And what about the Detective? What about Chloe? Does she know? She must not, she would never let this happen. And what if she is in danger? What if Michael has targeted her!?

Lucifer felt his body going cold, as the ice of terror settled in every cell of his body, his heart felt heavy with the burden of anxiety and head was dizzy with rage, confusion, nervousness and other emotional concoctions. He gaped quietly at a worried but working Chloe and then to Miss Lopez and finally shrugged his shoulders to flutter his white, pure wings.