That went well..

She could have indeed died, and she felt the death feeling as she was going through the vehement seizures yesternight, her gut boiling down and the relentless blood sputtering from her mouth. She has been poisoned after all! And getting the antidote is a dream! She desperately wished to see the people she loved so much before her death - Trixie, Lucifer, Dan. What would Trixie do without her? She is just a child. And what about Lucifer? We just got together! Probably life is like this. Unpredictable and short. And the feeling of death - its the worst feeling one could ever feel! Where does one go after death? Do Heaven, hell really exist? Then where shall she go? Was she good enough for heaven? And then black...

She woke up on the hospital bed the next day, feeling so much better. Her body surrounded by the beeping monitors and saline, but she felt good. She didn't die! And in front of her, beside her bed sat Lucifer, looking fondly at her. His eyes teary but happy tears. And the soft smile on his face, sent a wave of relief down her spine..

"SO, I heard you saved me.." Chloe said. Lucifer took her hands instinctively into his, bringing them to his lips and giving them a soft kiss.

"As much i would love to take the credit myself, It was a team effort really. "

"MMM-hmm.." Chloe snorted, I know it was. But also it was mostly you. I know Dan, he can never handle conflicted situation this nicely. " Well, I didn't die."

"Looks like we both haven't. That makes us even.." Lucifer chuckled out a small laugh, only him knowing the inside joke. He died, went to hell and came back.

"Hmm?" Chloe's eyebrows raised, unable to understand his statement.

"Never-mind. Let's just focus on you, shall we? Take some rest Chloe. You need some." He smiled at her. Chloe looked at his eyes, she meant the whole world to him and now she was safe.

"We will talk later right?" Her eyes beamed with happiness and hope. Lucifer nodded a yes with the same smiling face, and leaned to forward to kiss her forehead before leaving the room.

Her simple, immature, caring partner..Lucifer.

Pain...All pain. It was paining..no it was Burning, it was Burning all over. When he was cast out of heaven and banished to hell - during his fall, when his skin charred to the monstrous, red, angry skin, that was the time he felt a jarring amount of pain, the burn. But it was millenias ago. And now he could feel the same pain, only it is ten times more. And it was internal. His body heavy, hardly movable.

He opened his eyes blearily as a jolting amount of light accosted them, too bright and blurry. He could sense faint discussions of overwhelmed voices near him. It took him a while to adjust with the new and alien surrounding he was suddenly. Monitors beeping around, and soon he realised the presence of an oxygen mask wrapped over his mouth, he looked down to see the the small chest receptors of the ECG attached his chest. under his hospital gown. Saline on-going. He lay on a narrow single bed, surrounded by machines that was helping him to keep him alive. He turned his face sideways painfully, letting out a soft moan, arrgh! Any kind of movement and it pains! Bloody hell! to see the Detective sitting on the couch across the room. Her eyes pinned down to her palms, and an expression of force on her face.

"Dectective?" He groaned softly. The inner burn he was going through increased manifolds while talking. Chloe immediately looked up at him, her red eyes teary and lips quivering, just like what he saw when she saw his face. But this time it was not of fear's , it was concoction of sadness and happiness. She immediately rushed to his side, sitting on the small steel stool beside his bed. She looked at him, a single drop fell over her face, a slight smile relief on her lips. Lucifer looked at her confused. Though a feel of sadness and anger touched his face, most of it was confusion.