What have I done?

Lucifer lay unconscious on the bed. It has been two hours since Maze have carried him to the bed; only she had the strength to carry a six feet man on her shoulders. He was still as stone. The only movement Chloe could observe was the nil ups and downs of his chest, struggling to breath enough. The dark circles under his sunken eyes doubled since then. Chloe was seated beside him on the bed. She rested her hands on his forehead, his temperature was dropping rapidly, he was not that cold even a few minutes back! Chloe's face frowned in worry as she looked at him helplessly. Her one hand tightly held Lucifer's wrist, while the other rested on his forehead. They tried to bring back his normal body temperature with a hot bag but in vain. Maze prowled up and down the room, muttering things under her breath that Chloe could not make out. At last she broke out her anger on Chloe, " GREAT! Now tell me, what do we do?" She shouted breathlessly.

"I DON'T KNOW MAZE!" Chloe shouted back as impatiently as she was. "If its a toxin, then it has to have an antidote, right?" She exhaled shakily, not understanding what to do next.

"I am calling Amenadiel. He should know what to do.." Maze walked out of the room leaving Chloe to be with Lucifer. Chloe looked at the almost lifeless body laying beside her. The tears captured in her eyes checked her to see him clearly. Chloe slowly ran down her fingers through his hair, drawing small circles through them. Touching him made her more guilty. After all this was her doing! What was she thinking? A small and negligible quantity did such a damage to Lucifer, and she was about to give him the entire vial! She was about to kill him! Deep down she thanked Maze, for throwing the glass away. But what was she gonna do? All this time Kinley was feigning to understand her, but all he did was use her to get back on Lucifer. And now he was indeed successful! Rage and anger surged into every cell of her body. Her jaw clenched, she was angry. She was angry on Kinley and she was angry on herself.

After a few minutes, the sturdy, tall angel walked into the room, completely unaware that his wings were protruded out touching and throwing every object it came in contact with. He was followed by Maze. Amenadiel looked at Lucifer before shrugging off his shoulders to put his wings away. His eyes heavy with anxiety and sorrow. "Oh Lucy! I am so sorry.." he whispered, rubbing his hands on Lucifer's shoulders..

"I am so sorry Amenadiel! I..I didn't want this.." Chloe stumbled upon her words trying to stop the water flowing down from her eyes. He didn't look back at her. Clearly trying to focus his anger somewhere constructive. But Chloe could understand that the brother was concerned about Lucifer and was furious on her. "Can you do anything? Can you..?"

"I don't know Chloe, I have never seen anything affect Lucifer so bad. It has to be very strong and finding its antidote is very difficult. " He said coldly. "Maze, give me the vial once. "

As Amenadiel examined the vial, his eyes widened in terror. "This is bad!"

"Huh? What is?" Maze replied in confusion..Chloe looked at Lucifer in terror, not of him, but for him.

"This vial is an exorcistic vial. Holy waters mixed with Mandrake. But it consists of Botulinum toxin. The most toxic substance made by Ariel on earth. But not all variety is possible to make a celestial sick. There is only one kind. But that's not available here. I don't think it's antidote is ever made!"

Chloe kept looking at Amenadiel, stunned at what she just heard. If there is no antidote, then what? He will die? Or something? Her eyes bounced between Lucifer and Amenadiel thinking of an alternate soulution, but nothing seems to ignite the grey matters of her brain. Come on Chloe! You have to think something!

"So what do we do? Will The Devil die? .." Maze asked, enough upset expecting the answer she was not ready to.

"In course of time he will. Normally the toxin would instantly kill him, but since the quantity is so less, it is taking its time. But that is even bad." Amenadiel informed sadly. His eyes sparkled with tears. Gulping his emotions down he continued, " His external body seems to be still, paralysed. But internally it is a pain unimaginale. The toxin probably must have been boiling his organs down. He won't survive the night Chloe...My brother won't.." He threw his body helplessly on the couch across the bed, wiping his tears and gazing at the figure on the bed.