She Knows..

The case meant a lot to her. After the Palmetto Incident, the whole precinct went against her. She was proved wrong in front of LAPD, and now she was lot more determined to earn that respect back. Dectective Chloe Jane Decker - this name shall not be ruined! The killing of the singer Dalilah brought Chloe close to her fate. Little did she know that the tall, dark, britsh young man she saw playing the piano would be the man of her life. 

"Lucifer Morningstar" he said, and Chloe got a chill down her spine, for some unknown reasons. She questioned him as her first suspect but it felt so much more to her. People say love at first sight is bullshit. Though it was definitely not love which Chloe felt, but the spark was ignited already. Lucifer, on the other hand was unusually intrigued by her. The ruler of hell, the Devil - who thought it would only take a miracle to have an emotional connection with someone , felt a connection deep down his heart. And he didn't know what else to say? 

Fate made them partners. Lucifer Morningstar and Chloe Decker became a package, with a bond unexplainable, unsaid, unknown love unimaginable. 

But now this cute,little dream shattered into million pieces..

She stood there still, her body numb and mind blank. What she was seeing in front of her eyes was the worst nightmare she could ever face. In front of him stood Lucifer, confused by her reaction...

Lucifer saw Pierce die in front of him, the evil, hysterical laughter still ringing in his ears. But somehow he enjoyed seeing him die. He had to punish the one who dared to harm his Detective, his Chloe. He felt like a punisher again, like the ruler, like the Devil again. And then,

"Lucifer are you Okay?" a soft, concerned voice echoed in the hall. The voice which he loves the most - Chloe's. Relieved that she is safe and happy that she cares about him so much, he turned back to face the detective; only to find her stumbling back. Her face terror-struck, eyes teary red and lips quivered in fear. Her hands were shaking and she was moving back, moving away from Lucifer. 

"Detective?" He asked, unable to make out the reason for her fear. He tried to step forward to help the Detective, but Chloe ran back in fear. And then it hit him. It hit him hard like a lightening. He was the monster again. His devil face returned. And all of a sudden his world seemed dizzy. His heart skipped beats, with pain - he felt as if the blades of hell were stabbed into his heart. His breath dwindled with fear. Does the Detective think him to be evil?

 Does the Detective think him to be evil?

Chloe's heart stopped. Tears running down her face she saw, Lucifer standing in front of her with the scariest red face. He wasn't moving. He was waiting for her reaction. But what could she possibly react?! All the memories of their happy times, of Lucifer saving her, warning her that he was the actual devil came flooded to her mind. And every single time she thought them to be a metaphor and humoured them. But now she knows the truth, the unacceptable truth that the man she loves was evil incarnate. Fear, panic and shock bursting through every vein of her body. Her throat dried, as if someone was choking her to death. All she could do, was to move back, and as far from Lucifer as possible. Moments passed still, the eerie silence in the room tore each of their hearts apart. And finally, Chloe got a grip to herself. She turned around, and started walking away. She had to get away from her. She can't love him anymore. Not after knowing that he was The Devil. 

"Chloe wait

"Chloe wait.." Lucifer shouted from back stopping Chloe on her tracks. He knew she will stop, maybe not for love, but for the fear of disobeying the Devil. He felt the pain. His greatest fears were coming true. He could feel the fear, hatred, disgust towards him that Chloe's heart was filling with. He stood there, waiting for her to turn back again, to face him. So did she. Chloe looked back hesitantly not sure what to do else, to find Lucifer in his human face. Though a slight relief spread through her body but it was negligible. She saw his eyes. They were filled with tears.. 

Lucifer sighed nervously, his throat pained with the tears he was trying to supress. With broken voice he asked, "So..you hate me now?" He looked down immediately trying to avoid the kind of stare he was about to face. His fists clenched, waiting for the answer, but he knew he wasn't ready to see the one person who matters to him the most, thinking that he was a poison to him..

Chloe stared at him silently, remembering all the moments they spent together, trying to frame an answer. She loved him, but she wasn't ready to love the Devil. Sniffing, sobbing and shaking she replied, "I loved my partner Lucifer...b..but I don't love you. I nothing you." She gulped as she spoke the words carefully. She closed her eyes immediately not knowing whether the devil would harm her..But nothing happened. As Chloe opened her eyes slowly, she found Lucifer standing with a bowed head, weak and fragile. Tears running down his cheek, he kept looking at the ground. Chloe 's heart broke million times seeing him like this, but she had no choice. How can she even cope with the fact that she was in love with THE DEVIL?  Lucifer slowly looked up, gazing deep into her eyes. His expressions were stern, unreadable, eyes dried. Never he was that good at controlling his emotions, maybe there was no emotions left at all. He cleared his throat before saying his final words to his detective, "Well then, probably I should go away from your life for good. It's unfair of me to expect that anyone could love me. I..I..Have a good life  Chl..Detective." He said. 

And within a blink of an eye, Lucifer disappeared leaving Chloe all alone there. She fell on her knees crying uncontrollably, screaming and shouting in frustration. She felt worst about herself. Lucifer's words kept pinching her heart. But as much as she loved him, now she fears him. 

AFTER ALL, WHO COULD POSSIBLY WANT THE DEVIL IN THEIR LIVES?...