Forever and Ever..

The nest 24 hours felt like ages. Lucifer was shifted to the ICU, Ventilation was a damn need.  The doctors were worried as his brain seemed pretty response less, and frequent seizures caused from the mild internal bleedings which even the doctors couldn't stop. Lucifer being in a critical state was an understatement. And Chloe cried, she cried and cried - sometimes tears of hope but the other times only due to anxiety and tension. Amenadiel and Maze stayed with her, while Dan and Ella left just after he was shifted and everything seemed to be under control. Dan was investigating the entire Mayan massacre case. And so needed to be present in the precinct. While Ella had overdue forensic works. 

"Please get well buddy.." Ella prayed to her Sweetest brother Lucifer before giving Chloe a ginger hug, rubbing her back in circular soothing motions before leaving. "Decker, please take care of yourself as well bud, you passed out too few hours ago. And call me immediately if anything happens, or if you get any update.." 

"Don't worry Chlo, Lucifer will be all right okay?.." Dan assured her before leaving.  

Linda offered to take care of Trixie, and Chloe readily accepted the help. She stayed in the hospital for the next hours. As she saw Lucifer from the small glass cutout on the door, surrounded with all the machines and oxygen mask, tears came like rain. He looked so small, diminished, unlike the magnificent, charming Lucifer she had known. There were hardly any movement and he lay there lifeless, again. Chloe couldn't help but feel guilty. It was again because of her that he got hurt. How can he be so selfless!?  Why is he so selfless?! For eons, he took all the blame on himself, stayed in an extremely torturous place, got vilified, hatred and yet he was the most pure, selfless and innocent being Chloe has ever seen. His heart was of gold. He deserves happiness, only happiness. And Chloe would make sure of that. All this time, Lucifer shielded her, but now it was her time. She will protect him from any further hurt. 

The three of them took shifts to guard the ICU door and check on him. When Maze guarded, Chloe and Amenadiel would take the time for their sleep or eat in the cafeteria, and it would happen for the other two as well. 

The next day, Linda and Ella stayed while Chloe, Maze and Amenadiel popped off to their house to get freshen up. Trixie had school, and Chloe would have to explain her everything. She knew her little monkey won't take it nicely when she would know that her Lucifer was hurt. But she had to try. 

"Hey Monkey." Chloe said as she entered the house, Linda has taken care of her the previous night but she didnt say much why her mother wasn't there for her. Linda thought it would be good for Chloe to explain everything. Trixie was watching Spongebob on Nicklodeon when Chloe returned.

"Hey Mommy..Where were you? I missed you so much!" 

"Monkey, I need to say you something." 

Trixie's attention immediately snapped to her mother, as she muted the tv and turned around on the couch to face Chloe. 

"Monkey, um..I was in the hospital yesternight.." 

"What? Why? Are you hurt mommy?" she immediately ran to Chloe and threw her hands on Chloe's either sides, hugging her..

"No monkey, I am alright. Its..I mean..I was there because of Lucifer." Chloe glanced at her daughter nervously, she pulled back from her mother and looked at her. 

"What happened to Lucifer?"

"He was..umm..He is wounded baby. He needs to heal."