Chapter Eight

Gon's POV
"I'll take care of the spider"
As Killua said this, I looked him in the eye and nodded, getting ready to run.

Killua nodded at me back, a look of determination on his face. He turned around and ran towards the house.

After he busted in through the door, I looked down at (Y/N). Her face looked a bit pale and tired, but still had a hint of calmness as her head laid peacefully on my chest.

I let out a sigh of relief as I saw the bandages peeking out from under her shirt. Killua patched her up. That'll be good enough until I get into town. There, I can take her to a hospital.

I turned around and started running, not wanting to disturb (Y/N)'s rest, rather slower than usual.

I thought she was dead back there... I'm glad she is okay. I small frown formed upon my face. If she actually had died, I wouldn't have done anything about it... I would have just stood there and stared, in shock...

That's when a tear fell. I became angry at this tear because I didn't feel like crying again.

No, stop. She's not dead. You were just scared. She's not dead because we saved her in time. The voice in the back of my head said.

She would have died if I had cried for any longer!! I argued with myself, another tear falling.

I shook my head, also shaking away the bad thoughts.

No, no, the voice is right. I need to stop crying for things that never happened. If it didn't happen, why am I crying over it? A smile formed across my face.

(Edit: Because the thought of it happening horrifies you.)

(Y/N) is right there, she isn't dead! I sighed.

I sped up a little, wanting to get to the hospital faster. Usually, if your friend you've known for years was stabbed, you wouldn't be as relaxed. Killua and I are weird. So is (Y/N). They're even weirder together. The whole 'I will save you from this hideous beast! Now, I will kiss you because I saved you! Oh, but you taste like chicken! I will now laugh! Oh but you actually tasted like strawberries. Now I'm gonna latch onto (Y/N)'s leg while she's sleeping because she's warm but take you along with me because I'm too shy.' Thing was the result of them being together. I chuckled.

Now that I think of it... judging by Killua's reaction and how he's flustered around pretty much anything (Y/N) does, Killua might have developed some type of romantic feelings for (Y/N)... or he keeps getting fevers and he needs medical help. Nahhhh, he likes her. But how would he? He's only known her for a day and a half. I doubt it's possible for that to happen.

(Edit: [nervous sweating])

Before I knew it, I had reached the town. I was surprised at how long I had been thinking to myself. I shrugged it off and continued on to get to the hospital.

There it is! I thought, spotting the hospital. I started speeding up a little, wanting to heal her faster.

"Okay, are you ready to get healed (Y/N)-" I looked down at (Y/N), expecting to actually SEE her, but the second I did she vanished before my eyes.

"What the-" I stopped in my tracks, looking around me to see if she'd teleported or something.

"(Y/N)?"