This Feeling (Ft. Kelsea Ballerini)

Virgil sat in his room listening to music while playing the guitar. All over Virgil's room were pictures of his parents, his friends, his birthday parties, and pics of him winning music awards with the band. 

On the shelves were trophies and pictures in frames. Virgil's phone rang. Virgil looked at it and saw Thomas' picture when they were 8 years old before his Dad left. Virgil answered the phone and put his guitar down. 

Anxiety: Hello?

Thomas the Dank Engine: HEY! I have news!

Anxiety: What?

Thomas the Dank Engine: REMUS AND REMY ARE COMING OVER! 

Anxiety: HELL NO! 

Thomas the Dank Engine: Virgil.

Anxiety: First of all, your cousin Remus eats deodorant. Second of all, Remy's a bitch with sunglasses on. And third, Logan had a crush on Remus since he came over.  

Thomas the Dank Engine: To bad. They're already on their way. 

Virgil hung up the phone angrily and tossed under his bed to ignore any phone calls. "Rough day?" A voice from his window asked. Virgil jumped, grabbed his bat, and stood up quickly. Prince Sanders was hanging from a tree outside Virgil's window. 

"Oh, it's just you." Virgil groaned putting the bat down, "How'd you know where I live?" "I followed you." Prince said. Virgil crossed his arms. "I wanted to tell you that you did good out there." Prince said. 

"Thanks, Princey." Virgil said with a teasing smile. "I actually like that name so I'll allow it." Princey said. "You know about the missing Sander?" Virgil asked. "I knew the kid." Princey said, "He and I were friends." Virgil smiled. 

"You can come in if you want too." Virgil said, "It's pretty cold out there." Princey smiled and swung himself inside. "So tell me about you, Virgil." Princey said. 

(Play song now)

"Well when I was little I wanted to be a musician since my dad was. I got my first guitar lesson at age 4 and I was getting better after a few months. When I was eight, my dad gave me his guitar that he had since he was a child." Virgil said, "Then he said he had to go away for a while..." 

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your mother?" Princey asked him, "You didn't mention her." "She died when I was almost 4 years old." Virgil explained, "She was a officer and was shot by a criminal." "I'm so sorry to hear that." Princey said. 

"I knew my dad was sick but I never... I never expected him to leave because of it." Virgil said with a sad sigh, "He called me everyday after school and I would always answer the phone. The one day when I was 12, the doctor told me he was in a coma with a low chance of waking up." 

At that point, tears flooded Virgil's cheeks. "I was depressed for about 6 months and started to cut but I stopped when Patton and Logan found out about it. They gave me several reasons to live." Virgil explained, "They showed me ways to put my emotions in song instead of putting it in words." 

"That's why I heard a thousand emotions in your songs." Princey said, "You were singing with emotions." 

"I always put my heart and soul into the songs I sing because I want people to express themselves like I did and my dad did." Virgil explained, "Everyone loved my dad's songs because of that." 

"Alexander Rodriguez... is your dad?" Princey asked. Virgil nodded. "I listen to his songs all the time as a kid." Princey said, "He was my inspiration to come here." Virgil put a hand on his shoulder. Princey looked him through his mask. 

Princey and Virgil blushed at how close their faces were. "I should get back to my friend." Princey said, "It was nice to meet you, Virgil." "You too." Virgil said. Princey smiled and climbed out the window. 

At this point, Virgil found his perfect melody. And he was gonna sing it at the competition tomorrow. And he knew the perfect song.