You Should Be Sad (Halsey)

Virgil stood outside the hospital door. 

He hadn't seen his dad in 6 years. "Will he even recognize me?" Virgil asked in his mind. Virgil took a breathe and said, "I can't do it..." 

Princey and Deceit looked at him sadly. "Why not, Kiddo?" Patton asked him. "What if has amnesia and he doesn't remember me? Or what'll he say when I tell him our secret? Will he still accept me?" Virgil blurted with tears. 

Patton smiled slightly. He placed both his hands on Virgil's cheeks (like in the picture above) and whispered, "You'll be okay." Virgil smiled with tears in his eyes.  

"Why don't one of us go in with you?" Princey suggested, "That way you wont be alone." "Great idea, Prince!" Patton said, "You go in with Virgil and we'll wait out here!" 

Princey smiles at Virgil. "You okay with it?" Princey asked Virgil. Virgil nodded and grabbed Princey's hand. 

Princey opened the door and smiled at Virgil through the mask. Virgil smiled back and looked at the man that sat in the bed looking through a book. And not any book... Virgil's scrapbook. 

"Dad?" Virgil called. 

Alexander looked at him and his eyes widened. "V-Virgil?" Alexander asked with tears starting to form. "DAD!" Virgil cried happily. He ran to his Dad and hugged him. 

Princey watched the two happily. He wondered what it would be like to see a family so loving and kind to one another. 

Alexander looked at Princey. "Who is this, Virgil?" Alexander asked with a smile. "This is my masked friend, Prince Sanders, but I call him Princey." Virgil explained, "He and my friends made me happy." 

"Thank you... for keeping him happy." Alexander said to Princey. "I should thank you... you made raised a kid that never gives up on anyone." Princey said, "You even made me want to come here with my friend." 

Alexander chuckled. "Virgil, could you go and get me a snack?" Alexander asked. "Sure, Dad." Virgil said, "Be right back." Virgil walked out with a smile on his face. 

"It's nice to see you again... ROMAN SANDERS." Alexander said to Princey, "You changed a lot the last time I saw you." Princey looked at him with wide eyes.  

"H-How did you- How did you know it was me?" Princey asked him, "No one recognizes me."

"I used to babysit you, Remus, and Remy. It would be hard to not recognize a kid that always wanted to a prince since he first watched Disney." Alexander said with a smile, "I heard you ran away at 15." 

"Y-Yeah... my mother was abusing me when Remy and Remus weren't home." Roman admitted, "Me and Janus Morris ran away together because there was no person willing to hide us." 

"I see... when are you gonna tell Verge the truth?" Alexander asked him, "You two are friends and you can't lie to him forever." Roman sighed and took off his mask to show his emerald green eyes. 

"I'll tell him once my mother stops looking for me." Roman said, "There's a reason I ran away and... I-I'm not ready to tell it." He put the mask back on. Alexander sighed and smiled at him. "You're so brave, Roman, brave enough to keep surviving." Alexander said with a smile. 

Roman smiled at him. "Thank you." 

Virgil walked in with a cup of water and a bag of cookies. "I ran into Abuelita and she wanted me to give you her cookies." Virgil said handing his father the drink and snack. 

"Thanks, MCR." Alexander said. "Hey, Dad, I gotta tell you something." Virgil said, "I-I'm Gay."