5 - Mummy's date

pov rose:

'Hi mum, I'm home!' i yelled into the house after opening the door. 'Heelloooo sweetie' my mum yelled back. She was sitting on the couch so i crashed down next to her. 'How was work?' I asked her. 'Work was fine' she said with a little smile. 'buuttt....' I grinned while looking at her. 'Okay so there's this new co-worker and he's very handsome and he kinda lowkey sorta asked me on a date!' she said very excited. 'Yay! That's awesome mum!' I gave her a hug. 'When's the date?' I continued. 'Tomorrow evening, he's going to pick me up at 6.30pm and he's planning on taking me to this fancy restaurant downtown.' She smiled from ear to ear. It made me so happy to see her like this again. I really hope this guy is the right one for her, because she deserves it. She deserves to be loved by a man again. She really does. 'I'm out early tomorrow, maybe we can go shopping for a sexy dress' I grinned. 'actually not that bad of an idea' she laughed. 'How about I pick you up from school when you're out?' she continued. 'Sounds like a plan! Can you pick me up at 1.30pm?' I asked. 'Suuuureee, can you also do my make-up before the date?' she asked with a puppy face. 'Duh, of course I'm going to do your make-up mum' I smiled. I gave her one more hug. 'Ugh, I'm so excited and nervous at the same time' Mum said. 'You'll be fine mum, I mean, how can someone not like you? You're the sweetest friendliest prettiest woman i've ever met! I'm a 100% sure he'll like you' I said 'Ahw sweetheart you're making me cry' Mum said while a tear escaped her eye. 'How about a Pretty Little Liars marathon night?' I suggested while wiping her tears away. 'Sounds perfect to me' She said smiling.

Time skip to the next day when school's out

Me and Jade walked out of school, we saw my mum sitting in the car. She looked so happy. 'Oh sorry jade forgot to tell you, but mum and I are going to shop some clothes for her. She's having a date tonight!' I said smiling 'Ahw I'm so happy for her' Jade replied 'If your mum's out tonight, maybe I can come over?' she continued. 'Yeah sure, fun! See you tonight then!' I replied 'Yay! Have fun and see you later!' She said as she started walking home. I walked over to the car. 'Hiii mummy' 'Hiii Rose, are you excited?' She asked. 'I think it isn't possible to be more excited than you are at this moment' I laughed. 'Hahaha true' she laughed as she drove off. 'I was thinking about a tight black dress. One that shows my curves.' My mum said smiling shyly. 'You may be old, but you still know how to seduce the boys' I laughed. 'Hey, watch your mouth you silly goose!' she laughed 'And I'm not that old' she continued. 'True true' i replied, still laughing. 'I'm pretty sure it'll look stunning on you tho. And you can wear one of my heels!' I suggested. 'Thanks sweetie' She said smiling.

After going in and out of a lot of shops, my mum finally found the dress she was looking for. It suits her very well. 'Hey, we need to hurry! It's already 5pm, he's coming in one and a half hour!' My mum yelled at me from upstairs. 'Coming!' I yelled back running up the stairs. 'Woah mum, you look stunning in that dress!' 'Ahw thank you Rose' She started to blush. 'Let me grab a pair of heels!' A few minutes later I returned with a pair of black heels. 'Try them on' I said. 'Oh my god, they suit so well!' My mum said excited while looking into a mirror. 'It's time for your make-up' i grinned.
45 minutes later her make-up was done. She hasn't looked this well-groomed since my dad has left. I was very proud of my mum. '15 minutes left, please let me take some pictures of you' I said. 'You know I hate that!' She replied. 'Pleaseee mum, you look so stunning. And since I can't stare at you for longer than 15 minutes anymore, I need a picture, it lasts longer' I winked at her. 'Okay then, but only because you want it so bad' she replied smiling again.

After taking plenty of pictures the doorbell rang. I gave my mum one last hug. 'Have much fun! I love you!' I said. 'Thanks, love you too hun! Bye bye!' She replied as she opened the door. I closed the door after the car drove away.

chat between Jade and Rose

You
heyyy u can come over😼
mum just left

Jade
i'm on my way bebe😽😺