24 - He's not worth it

pov rose:

'I saw you walk away from the party and I just wanted to check on you.' Jayce said. 'I'm fine, thank you Jayce.' My eyes were still watery. I tried to avoid any eye contact, but failed. Jayce bent down in front of me and placed his hand on my shoulder. 'You don't look like you're fine, Rose.' Jayce said. 'Just know you can tell me what's bothering you, I won't judge you. You don't have to tell me, but just know you can.' He continued.

'I saw something that I wish I hadn't, that's all.' I shrugged. 'It's Ruel, isn't it?' Jayce said in a slightly angrier tone. 'Yeah.' I whispered. 'That fucking bitch, don't trust him. I saw him too.' Jayce shaked his head. 'He does this every damn time, he's a fucking man whore istg.' He continued. 'What do you mean?' I asked, not really understanding what he meant.

'Just look at him, he's handsome and famous. Girls are lining up for him. Of course he takes advantage of that. A party isn't a party for him if he doesn't hook up with at least 3 different girls.' Jayce's voice grew angrier with every sentence he said. I shook my head in disbelief. 'Wow, I didn't expect that at all from him.' I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

'Rose, don't cry. He's not worth it.' Jayce gave me a hug. 'I'll get you a drink, maybe it'll calm you down a bit. I'll be right back.' He said as he let go of the hug. 'Thank you.' I gave him a smile. Maybe this Jayce guy isn't so bad after all.

Being alone gave me some time to think. The girl who smiled when the bottle stopped spinning in front of Ruel. That girl also giving me death stares as soon as I was the chosen one to go into that bedroom with Ruel. I just saw that exact same girl making out with Ruel. This also explains the disappointed look on Ruel's face when he was playing seven minutes in heaven with me. He just wanted to be with her.

To me, the kiss felt like a confirmation. I like you, you like me. Something we could build on from now on. The kiss meant a lot to me. Apparently I was just an easy target for Ruel. Does he even care about me? Was our kiss meaningless to him?

pov ruel:
!! i'm changing pov for the first time !!

Rose left not long ago to bring a visit to the toilet. I was left on my own, my glass filled with alcohol was the only thing that kept me company. I think Madison noticed, because she pulled me out of the sofa. 'Hey Ruel, fun game you played earlier, huh?' Madison said as she dragged me into the corner of the room. She didn't look too happy. 'Seven minutes in heaven? Yeah, was fun.' I giggled. Thinking of it made me happy. Rose made me happy. 'I think you mean seven minutes in fucking hell. You can get way better than her.' Madison said while touching my chest. 'Rose is gorgeous, what are you talking about.' I tried to push her off of me, but she held me too tight for it to succeed.

'Don't act like you don't remember us being a thing.' Madison gave a dirty smile. Of course I remember, people have reminded me of it far too often. I cheated on Mary with Madison. I know what you're thinking. And yes, I was fucking stupid for doing that. I cheated on Mary, because there were rumours that she was cheating on me. I got very angry, because I thought we had the perfect relationship. I gave her as much love and affection as I could. Instead of asking her what was really going on, I cheated on Mary. She found out and immediately broke up with me. However, the rumours about her turned out to be true. She's dating the guy she cheated on me with now.

'That was two years ago, Madison. I'm not like that anymore!' I screamed in her face. 'You know what they say, right? Once a cheater, always a cheater.' She gave me a kiss on my cheek. 'Don't you fucking dare doing that again.' I started to get really angry. 'Don't you like my oh so familiar kisses anymore, Muffin?' I almost forgot that was the cringe nickname she kept on calling me when we were a thing. 'First of all, no. Second, don't fucking call me Muffin. Thirdly, get the fuck off of me!' I felt powerless. I couldn't get her off of me, no matter how hard I tried.

'Let me remind you the taste of my lips again.' Before I could say anything she pressed her lips to mine. Yes, it felt familiar. But I didn't like it at all. Somehow I didn't stop her, I kissed her back. After a minute or so she finally tilted her head back again. 'So, how did you like that?' Madison asked smiling. 'I DIDN'T LIKE IT, NOT EVEN A LITTLE! AND NOW GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME YOU FUCKING CUNT!' I screamed in her face. Saliva escaped my mouth and landed on her face. Madison let go of me in shock. I think she didn't expect me to react like this. I was angry. So, so, so angry. Not only with Madison, but also with myself. I'm the one that kissed her back. Madison ruined my relationship with Mary, which may have been for the better since Mary was cheating on me as well. But I don't wanna ruin whatever I have with Rose.

I started to look around for Rose. She wasn't anywhere near the sofa, so I decided to take a look at the toilet. Maybe she was still in there. Fuck, she wasn't. I'm fucking fucked. What if she walked away from the party? She doesn't even know this town.

I walked back to the room to see Jayce. He was putting a drug in a cup full of alcohol. He does that to a lot of girls, he's such a dick. I decided to do nothing about it. I think I have already caused enough drama. Also, it doesn't seem like the best plan to start a fight with the person who's hosting the party.

Jayce noticed I was looking at him so he gave me a small smile. After that he rushed outside. I ran after him, because he might had seen Rose. Jayce started to slow down when we were outside so I started calling his name. 'Jayce, Jayce, Jayce?!' He handed the cup in which he had just dropped a drug to a girl. After that he turned around to me. 'What do you want, Ruel?' He asked, all of a sudden he seemed angry with me. I didn't do anything to him so it came kinda out of the blue. 'Oh, uh, I was wondering if you have seen Rose? I can't find her and I'm kinda worried about her.' I said, scratching the back of my head.

'Stop playing your stupid games, Ruel. It's over. We saw you. If you really cared about Rose, you wouldn't have kissed Madison in the first place.' Jayce said as he stepped closer to me. 'That was a fucking accident. She pinned me onto the wall, I couldn't escape her kiss. Also she kissed me first. But now, answer my question, where is Rose?!' I said. He pointed his finger at the girl sitting in the bench in front of me. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. She heard everything I just said. I was so stressed that I didn't even realise she was sitting in front of me. Rose started to cry. Hearing her cry broke my heart. What broke me even more, was that I was the reason why she was crying.

I fucked up big time, haven't I?