23 - Tipsy

(btw the girl in the pic above is mary!)

pov rose:

Ruel and I walked into the bedroom. It was quite a big room, but I think it was a spare room since it wasn't really decorated. 'I'm gonna turn the lights off and I will free you two from this room later. See you in seven minutes.' Jayce said as he shut of the lights. The room didn't turn completely black, because there was a small window that let in a little bit of light, even though it was dark outside.

'Sooo...' I said. 'Sooo...' Ruel replied. 'I've never played this game before.' I said, trying to start a conversation. 'Me neither, usually I just watch them play this game.' Ruel replied. 'I only wanted to join if you were going too as well.' He continued. 'I only joined because I didn't want to be the boring kid who didn't join.' I giggled. 'I didn't really feel like making out with a total stranger.' I continued. Ruel widened his eyes at what I just said. 'Wait, did I say something weird? That's what they mostly do while playing seven minutes in heaven right?' I panicked. Why do I always have to say such dumb things.

Ruel started laughing. 'No you're right. It's just, like, we are playing seven minutes in heaven right now.' There was this tension between us. Not awkward or anything, but we both knew what this game was about. We both knew what we were supposed to be doing right now. 'I guess we could just talk for seven minutes, since you don't want to kiss a total stranger.' Ruel laughed. 'I fully understand though.' He walked over to the bed and sat on it. I sat down next to him. Even though he had a smile on his face, he looked kinda disappointed. Did he want to be in this room with someone else? Did he want to kiss me? Did he want to leave? I couldn't figure out what his disappointed look meant.

I decided to just shoot my shot. 'Well, you're not a total stranger to me, right?' I said. 'That's true, so does that mean I can... uh... you know what I mean.' Ruel nervously said while scratching the back of his head. I started to giggle. 'Yes, yes you can.' I whispered.

He placed on of his hands on my cheek, the other one was placed around my waist. I placed one of my hands on his chest, the other one on his hair. He started to lean in and so did I. We were closing the distant between our faces until our lips finally met. You know those kisses out of the movies, where you feel like everything around you disappears? Where it feels like only the two of you exist? Where you can feel the fireworks? That was exactly how this kiss felt like to me. I've been longing for this kiss since I first saw him.

The kiss started to get more passionate. I sat on Ruel's lap and pushed him down on the bed. Yes, I was feeling extra brave today. As he was laying on the bed I got on top of him. We rolled over a few times, him on top, me on top and so on. The kiss felt to last like forever, which is a good thing in this case. I also wanted this kiss to last forever, because damn, this boy knows what the fuck he's doing.

Unfortunately, our kiss was interrupted by a knock on the door. '30 seconds left!' Jayce screamed. We let go of each other, but said nothing. We just looked at each other smiling. 'We better stand up again before they see us like this.' Ruel giggled as he broke the silence. I was still sitting on top of him while he was laying on the bed. 'You're probably right.' I said as I stood up. 'Play time is over bitches.' Sunday said as she opened the door. Ruel and I stood in the room like nothing had happened. 'Nooo, you're not gonna tell me you two haven't touched each other in those seven minutes?!' She sounded disappointed. We both shrugged. 'Who knows. Who knows, Sunday.' Ruel said sarcastically.

'We've played enough games, let's go downstairs and have some drinks.' Ruel said to the group. We agreed and walked downstairs. 'Imma grab a drink, do you want one as well?' Ruel asked me. 'Sure!' I replied.

Mary and Sunday were sitting on a sofa and asked me to come sit next to them. 'So you and Ruel... what's going on between you two?' Mary asked. 'Nothing much, I started to hang out with him because my host sister is friends with Coco. Ruel and I are getting along pretty well, but that's just it, I guess.' I replied. I wasn't sure if Ruel wanted his friends to know what happened between us in that bedroom, so I decided to not talk about that.

'In case you're planning on dating him, I can tell you he's a really sweet boyfriend! We've dated for about a year, I think. Ruel's my ex boyfriend. Don't be scared though, I'm not trying to get back with him, I have a really sweet and caring boyfriend at the moment!' Mary said. At first I thought she was trying to intimidate me, but I think she meant no harm.

Before I could reply to Mary, Ruel handed me my drink. 'There you go!' He said as he sat down next to me. 'Thank you, Ruel.' I replied. I took a sip of my drink. Damn, is this even mixed? It tasted like 100% alcohol. I drunk it anyways, because I didn't want to look like a pussy.

We continued to sit on the sofa for another hour. We had drunk quite a lot, especially Ruel.  I think he was not too far away from being drunk. Ruel and I flirted a bit here and there, but we didn't make it too obvious for the others to notice. 'I'm going to the toilet, I'll be right back!' I said. 'Okay, I'll be waiting, hehe.' Ruel tried to wink, but failed. I smiled and walked away.

I had no idea where the toilet was, so I basically just opened every single door I saw. After opening a few doors of only interrupting couples in their make out sessions I finally reached the toilet. Before I left the toilet I did a quick touch up. I brought some stuff with me in my bag. A few minutes passed by before I left the toilet.

I walked back to the room where Ruel was supposed to be waiting for me. He was no longer sitting on the couch. Hmm, weird. I started to look around. I finally spotted him, but I wish I hadn't. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My eyes started to get watery. I ran out of the house. There was a bench in the front yard, so I decided to sit on it.

'Are you okay?' I heard a familiar voice coming closer to me. I couldn't bother to look around. I just wanted to be alone for a minute. 'Hey, Rose?' The voice began to speak again. This time, I recognised it.