15 - Rising artist

pov rose:

After spending the day at Coco's, Olivia and I returned home. It's my second day over here, but I've already made some friends. Olivia and I entered the house. Her parents were sitting at the dinner table. 'Just in time girls! I made us some tacos.' Joyce said. I haven't spoken much to Olivia's parents yet. I arrived yesterday and I basically rested in bed all day. In the evening Olivia and I left for Coco's and we just got back home. Olivia joined her parents at the dinner table and so did I. 'Maybe we could do something fun tonight, the four of us, like a family.' Joyce said while putting a taco on my plate. 'Sounds fun.' Olivia said. I knodded in agreement. 'Maybe we could go bowling?' Thomas suggested.  We all agreed. We continued to eat the tacos and talk about last night. 'Have you already made some new friends, Rose?' Joyce asked. 'Yes, I think so. Olivia's friends were very kind.' I looked over to Olivia. She was grinning. 'I'm sure my friends like you too! It was a fun night.' She said. All I could think was: please don't start about Ruel, please don't start about Ruel, please don't start about Ruel. 'Oh and I also think you made friends with Ruel.' Olivia continued. Gee, thanks. I could feel my cheeks heat up. 'That's awesome! Glad to hear you already made some friends!' Joyce had a smile on her face.

After we had finished eating and getting ready, we got into the car. Joyce turned the radio on. 'The next song is by the rising artist Ruel. He's based in Sydney and he will turn only 18 next month. At such a young age he maneged to bring out great music. This is 'Younger' by Ruel.' Olivia grabbed her phone and opened the app snapchat. She filmed us while she was singing along with the lyrics. 'I'm going to send this to Ruel. I'll give you a tag in the video, so he can add you on snap.' She gave me a wink. Guess what, a couple of minutes later I got a notification from snapchat. 'Ruel 🐄 (@ruelvandijk) added you as a friend'. I'm not complaining tho.

A few minutes later we arrived at the bowling club. To be honest, I haven't bowled in ages, but it's all fine. It was fun, we we're bowling and talking. My host parents were asking me questions about my life back home in London. Thinking of the memories I made over there made me kinda emotional. I miss Jade and mom. But at the same time I'm also very grateful to be here in Sydney. I'm still wearing the necklace Jade and mom gave me before I left for Sydey. I also don't think I'll be taking it off for the next 8 weeks.

We bowled for about 1,5 to 2 hours. As soon as we returned home we all rushed to our rooms. We were exhausted. Which I understand, because bowling took us quite a lot of energy. Time to go to bed. Of course I gotta send my streak snap. I decided to take a picture of my bed. I added the location Sydney and sent the snap to all my streaks, including Ruel, because I wanna start streaks with him.

chat snapchat

Ruel 🐄
I don't do streaks

Rose💕
boring
y not

Ruel 🐄
give me a reason
why I would start streaks

Rose💕
because
you'll receive a snap from me everyday
😸👍🏼

Ruel 🐄
sounds fair
I'll start streaks bc of u

Rose 💕
I feel honored

Ruel 🐄
as you should
I've never done streaks before
🟥 Tap to view

I opened the snap he sent to see a selfie of Ruel. I could see he was still in the studio.

Rose 💕
r u still in the studio?

Ruel 🐄
yup
we wanna finish this song asap
so we can release it

Rose 💕
makes sense
aren't u hella tired
you've been in the studio for the entire day

Ruel 🐄
yeah I'm dead hahaha
but it is what it is

Rose 💕
well goodluck with recording the song!
I'm gonna sleep rn bc I'm tired
goodnight😘

Ruel 🐄
fank u
goodnightt x

I put my phone on the nightstand next to my bed and fell asleep right away.