25 - Cut the bullshit

pov rose:

Fuck it. Fuck him. Fuck everything. I decided to chug the cup full of alcohol Jayce just gave me. It tasted a bit funny, but that's just the taste of alcohol, I guess. I got up and walked back into the house as fast as I could, avoiding any eye contact with Ruel. I refilled my cup with alcohol and chugged it. And again. And again. And again. It doesn't taste good, but as long as I can forget everything for a little bit, I'm okay with it. I didn't want to experience the feelings I was experiencing. I just wanted to feel numb.

I was about to refill my cup again, but I was stopped. 'Please, don't. Let's just go home. I know, I owe you an explanation, but I don't think this is the right time for that.' I turned around and looked Ruel into his eyes. I couldn't even look at him and I immediately started to cry again. I wanted to walk away from him, but he grabbed my arm. 'Rose, please. I just called Coco and asked her to pick us up. She'll be here within a few minutes. I'm not leaving your side until we get in that car.' I don't want to go home. I don't want Coco to see me like this. I don't want my host family to see me like this. I'm such a mess. But it's not like I can do anything against it. I'll just let it get over me, I guess.

A few minutes of Ruel and I not talking to each other passed by. We were sitting on the sidewalk, waiting for Coco to pick us up. I heard Ruel's phone make a noise, so I looked over and saw that he got a notification. Fortunately, it was Coco saying she was here. We got up, walked over to the car and got in. Still not saying a word to each other. 'Looks like you guys had a lot of fun tonight.' Coco sarcastically said. 'Just shut up and drive.' Ruel replied. I was sitting in the backseat, Ruel in the frontseat. 'Woah calm down.' Coco said. She started the engine and drove off.

After a few minutes Coco broke the silence. 'So you two are just gonna sit here and not talk about what happened at that party?' Coco looked at Ruel first and then she turned her face to me. Neither of us replied. 'Come on you guys! Say something.' Coco said, this time a little bit more frustrated. I didn't feel the need to tell her the story, not right now. 'Nothing happened.' Ruel exhaled. 'Nothing happened.' Coco mimicked. 'I don't want to exaggerate, but on the phone you sounded pretty desperate. You were panicking.' 'No, I wasn't.' Ruel replied. 'Oh Coco, please come pick us up, right now. Please, Coco, it's Rose. I'll explain it to you later, but please drive as fast as you c-' Coco was mimicking Ruel again, but this time she was interrupted. 'Cut the bullshit.' Ruel sounded a little bit ashamed. 'That was literally the stuff you were saying.' Coco replied. 'Whatever.' Ruel said.

Suddenly a wave of tiredness came over me. Probably just a side effect of the alcohol, even though I've never experienced it this bad. It felt like I had pulled five all-nighters in a row. I had a good night's sleep last night, so the only thing that can explain it is the alcohol, right? Whatever, I can't even think straight right now. I was already wasted, but now I'm tired as fuck too. Excellent. My eyes were slowly closing as the sounds around me faded. Before I realised it I fell asleep in the car.