[CH.1]

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.

He flinched, hearing distant sounds of yells as something slammed out loud behind him.

Ba-dum.

Tears burned in his eyes and he swallowed down the lump in his throat, urging his body to keep on moving. There was no way he could stop now, not like this, not with the people chasing him.

Hyunjin simply had to shut up and continue to run, even if it drained out every little ounce of energy in his body. The fear kept him going, adrenaline pumping through his veins like fuel and it was enough for him to sprint down the street. He quickly jumped into an alley before anyone could get a sight of him, the echoes of people running following him.

Just how far did he run? His heart was beating in a fast rhythm and he could already feel how his breath caught up in his lungs, the cold air doing no help for his attempted runaway.

Having no other choice than to keep going, Hyunjin shifted, trying to use the adrenaline as smart as he could. He would be a dead man if it ran out.

The shadows behind him only seemed to get closer, not even stopping to take a break as they chased him.

Hyunjin stifled the sob he let out, turning sharply to the right. Before he could stop it, tears slowly rolled down his pale cheeks, freezing halfway because of the cold. They disappeared into nothing, leaving an invisible trail after themselves.

It was cold and he was so tired.

They took his brother.

The elder's scream echoed in a constant loop inside his brain and Hyunjin almost gave up to lie down on the ground right there.

Why was he still running? He couldn't even find an answer to that himself, having no clue why he hadn't given up by now. This was absolutely pointless.

The men behind him would soon catch up to him or he would be reckless enough to trip somewhere. Sooner or later, he'd be stuck anyways. What was the point with all this?

No. He just couldn't give up.

A promise is a promise. He'd go to hell before breaking this one.

Hyunjin wouldn't give up, not until he found his brother. He refused to loose his only remaining family member.

Hwang Hyunjin kept running.

~•~

Letting out a loud sigh, he gazed over all of the signs and restaurants, the smell of fried chicken lingering in the air.

Hyunjin's stomach grumbled as he pouted, knowing he couldn't buy anything since his brother would rather prefer them to eat dinner together.

The male drew a hand through his freshly dyed blonde hair, trying to ignore the delicious smell and continue his walk home. He frowned at the soft strands roaming around his face, grumbling on whether he should cut his almost too long hair or color it to another color.

It was long enough for him to have some bangs hanging over his eyes but he doubted he'd let it get any longer than under his chin. Hyunjin smiled, pushing around the thought to let it grow out even more.