[CH.10]

Hyunjin was exhausted.

He hadn't even moved out of bed today and done something useful but still, he was exhausted in both his body and mind.

Perhaps the loneliness was finally creeping up on him, slowly but surely driving him mad.

Hyunjin had been here for two weeks.

The raven was pretty sure of it, he had calculated it more than twice now. At first it was because he needed to know, but it later on became more as something he used to pass the time with.

Two weeks with nothing but deadly silence and watching as the sun went up and down outside the windows, coloring the landscape in beautiful orange hues from time to time.

The bars oh-so kindly reminded him of the golden cage he was trapped in. They were the things that irked him the most and Hyunjin swore that he'd someday rip them apart, if he was given the chance.

As if it wasn't already enough with the room being three meters up and anyone who attempted to jump would probably break at least their ankle but still, those men had been adamant enough to secure the trap even further.

Who did they assume he was? Superman?

He's smart enough to realize you can't jump from the third floor and then proceed to run further after that.

Hyunjin sighed, rolling to the side since he couldn't fall back into sleep. He wished so desperately to be back with Eunjeong and Taeyong in the Min household again. That was the last time he remembered ever smiling and now it felt like it was a thousand years ago, despite him knowing exactly how much time it had passed since he was imprisoned.

Hyunjin had counted every second of it, not breaking his concentration despite Minho coming in at a particular hour every day to check his injuries. It was one of the things that kept him sane these days and the raven tried to find comfort in the heavy silence like his brother had done.

Jinyoung had always been so much calmer than him, either reading or taking walks early in the morning when the sun would slowly rise up in the sky and the streets were empty but warm despite the absence of humans. The older had been the one to enjoy a cup of tea by himself in the kitchen, at whatever ungodly hour he went up to start the day.

And despite that, they both knew that the older had a temper while he was the drama queen. They would use that against each other every time they would tease one another. Never in fights though, even if they rarely fought.

Hyunjin would never hurt his brother verbally.

The dim memories got him smiling sadly, Jinyoung's laughing face so much better in his memory than the terrified expression burned into his skull the night they were separated.

A familiar knock on the door broke him out of memory lane, Hyunjin rolling to the side so his back was facing the door.

The room was a mess, if you wanted to put it as simply as possible. He hadn't picked up the broken chair from when he tried to break the windows, so it was still broken somewhere in the corner as he was currently curled up on the couch, not wanting to lie on that luxurious bed that he had practically ripped to pieces.

In his defense, they were to blame for the mess in this room. They locked him in here, after all.

Minho's disapproving frown only made him feel like a brat and it didn't bring him any satisfaction at all, so eventually he stopped trying to break things just to annoy them.