[CH.16]

Hyunjin stared unimpressively at Felix, blank stare giving away his first thought upon hearing the question.

But despite this, Felix didn't waver. He only smiled, a genuine and bright smile. Hyunjin found it hard to believe he was being truthful, holding back a scoff as he squinted his eyes at him. "Are you high?"

Felix seemed startled at this, before suddenly bursting out in laughter, his deep voice shaking the room and filling their silence.

"You are as entertaining as ever, moonlight." The laughter turned to giggles and Hyunjin rolled his eyes at the pet name, sighing slowly. He was tired of this bullshit.

His head was starting to feel better now and he finally felt like a person living and not surviving, staring up at Felix as he stood up, holding out his hand for him. Hyunjin didn't feel like dealing with all of this right now, just wanting to go to sleep again.

"C'mon. I promise you it'll be fun. Let's give you a proper house tour!" It wasn't like he was given much of a choice as he was dragged up on his feet, groaning in annoyance.

Rubbing his eye, Hyunjin let himself be dragged towards the door. Then he realized.

They were walking towards the door. The door was open and unlocked. Just him and Felix.

What was going on inside of the omega's head? He could easily run away from him and since Hyunjin had long legs, he's able to get the lead too. Felix's hold on his wrist wasn't too harsh.

But something told him that he shouldn't. Hyunjin couldn't tell what it was or why it was there, though it reminded him of Minho and all of sudden he felt this eerily feeling of familiarity that he couldn't place anywhere in his memory.

Thinking of Minho made him sad. After truly experiencing loneliness, Hyunjin didn't know if he could face him again. He felt like a fool for longing after a man he only spent one night with, a bad man at that, who was the cause of his torment.

Felix seemed to notice the change in his mood and immediately picked up the pace, cheerily chatting about his day at a kindergarten, revealing that he seemed to work there part time. Hyunjin's attention shifted from his thoughts to the omega, wanting to soak up every piece of information he could. The fact that Felix worked as a kindergarten teacher surprised him, however he suspected it was for a cover, since he was certain that Felix's real job was something within the mafia.

Not seeming to mind Hyunjin being so quiet, Felix continued on telling him about how New Years had been a hectic time, with everyone so strung up on starting the new year on good terms and the preparations being big, blown out parties for their employees to thank them for their hard work. Hyunjin wasn't quite sure if this line of work should be praised and celebrated, but kept his tongue as he slowly realized just how long it had been since he was last outside or a part of society. The golden cage was obvious, though the effects were clear because he felt the same pull of hopelessness deep in his stomach, the overwhelming worry for his brother bubbling up in his chest.

They came to a stop before his head had the chance to throw him into a bad bubble, Felix squeezing his hand as he looked at him in sympathy. The display of pity had his sadness quickly morphing into anger.

Who the hell does this man think he is? He was the cause of all this. They all were.

"We've just walked to the end of the hall, Jinnie. The brown door on the other side, across the hallway, is the door to your room." His raging thoughts came to a quick stop. The fuck? He actually wasn't fooling him?