[CH.2]

Cold.

Everything was cold.

He wasn't sure how far away he got, so Hyunjin continued even if his body screamed in exhaustion.

The adrenaline was long gone but he had been too afraid to stop, so he shifted between jogging and walking quickly instead.

Hyunjin looked around and noticed how he couldn't recognize the unfamiliar streets. Wasn't that great?

He's lost.

Why did this have to be so hard? He flinched at the sound of the wind. Literally, it felt like any kind of sound could make him jump out of his skin right now.

It really wasn't his intention to run without looking, especially when there had been at least forty to fifty men- no, strangers, following him. How was he going to find Eunjeong hyung now?

Having no choice but to keep on walking, Hyunjin spotted a small park nearby, eyes immediately stopping at the sight of a playground. It wasn't that dangerous to take a break, right? If he wanted to, he could easily run away again in case something would happen.

Slowly caving in to the thought, he shook his head and dismissed the other ones as he walked towards the swings, sinking down on one of them.

He should've listened to Jinyoung, dammit. It was a freezing winter night and he had forgotten his jacket back in the house because of the rush to get away from all that.

Pressing his knees against his chest, the blonde tried to swallow down his sobs with no such luck. The tears had already started to fall down his cheeks as he tried to keep the cold away, tucking his arms closer.

As stupid as he had been in his panic, Hyunjin also somehow succeeded to drop the backpack somewhere on the way and all he could do now was to bitterly hope that there hadn't been anything important in it.

Why would someone kidnap his hyung?

He rubbed his eyes in distress, staring at the ground in a mix of anger, confusion and fear.

What was he supposed to do now? Those men had taken his brother to god-knows-where and even if Hyunjin wanted to try, there was no way he would just magically find Jinyoung and save him. To not forget that he was also lost and cold, barely being able to hold himself upright.

This was not how he had imagined his life to turn out.

Hyunjin hadn't even thought about loosing his brother, let alone their home in only one night. Yet there he was, alone in the middle of nowhere with the knowledge that no one would come and save him.

Small sobs accompanied by broken whimpers escaped his mouth, the silence almost vibrating and echoing around him. Everything felt so suffocating and he wanted to give up, curl into a ball and go back to sleep.

Hopefully, he would wake up and realize that all of this had only been a bad dream.

If only things were that easy.

Letting out a sigh, Hyunjin tried to move his frozen fingers, wincing at the numbness in them. It was getting darker and colder, he couldn't stay here for long.

Hyunjin desperately wanted to give up.

But no, he can't.

He can't give up now. He would find a way to get his brother back, the sooner, the better.

He would fight.

Furiously wiping his tears away, the alpha curled his fingers into balls and got up to move forwards. He could not afford any more mistakes, let alone breakdowns. Time isn't going to wait.