[CH.14]

It took him nine days to admit that he missed Minho. Yes, nine days. But to his defense, the man did kidnap him and somewhat manipulate him into sleeping with him. Hyunjin had been purposedly avoiding his feelings as he pondered about his lost virginity.

Sure, he had already suspected from the beginning that they would want his body, but Hyunjin was ashamed by the way he had begged for it, giving up his self control like he wasn't the captive in this fucked-up situation. He had given them what they wanted all too easily. Jinyoung would be so disappointed in him, his brother taught him to know better than to give in to temptation.

Hyunjin would remember how the omega would scold him for being so stubborn, but it was always the little, dumb things and not the important things like his own dignity. Even now, his mind tried to justify his actions. He sighed softly, curling further into himself and wishing he could melt into the bed and disappear.

At least he was alone, for now. No one had visited him ever since, not even Minho. After that morning, the older alpha had gone radio silent. Everything was silent, even the distant buzzing from outside was gone.

He ignored the twinge of hurt every time his mind subconsciously noticed it, knowing it was his fault for pushing Minho away. It was probably for the better, even if the mistake had already been made. He felt foolish for thinking about him, like a lost puppy following its owner. They shouldn't have gotten this close, Hyunjin had been dumb enough to lower his guard.

Besides, he was never fully alone. They wouldn't just let him go unsupervised, so hidden cameras must have been placed in the room before he even arrived. They had been waiting for him after all, they even told him that from the beginning.

Not that he hadn't tried to find those little shits, anyhow. Hyunjin had managed to rip one wire from the wall to the east, it had been hidden in the corner next to the bookshelf.  He had also found one camera hidden in the lamp on the nightstand and the last one had fallen on his head when he ripped out the books from each bookshelf.

He had kept them in a little box to monitor them, but after three sleepless nights, he was so exhausted that he ended up falling asleep on the floor. When he had woken up, someone had cleaned the room, put him on the bed and the little red box was gone.

Hyunjin had been too tired to be upset, so he just closed his eyes and went back to sleep.

The next days were spent in denial. There was no point in trying to take back what's lost, so he had to accept the fact that he lost his virginity to his captor. Gradually, he also had to accept that there was no fast way out of this. Either he came out barely, or not at all. Hyunjin had to realize that he most likely wouldn't make it out of here anytime soon and then, ironically, he did the only thing he could think of - praying.

Their father hadn't been much of a believer, but mother had grown up in a Christian household, although less traditional than all the other families in their hometown. He remembered how she'd take them to the church for hour-long lectures and after, directly to the ice cream shop outside. Hyunjin always came, mostly because he was a momma's boy, but also because he knew the reward afterwards would be his favorite ice cream and meeting up with his friends.

Mother often prayed. He once asked her why she was praying so much and she'd always answer that it was for good luck since life was hard and there was so much to worry about, all of the time. She was right of course, but her prayers didn't save her.

It didn't save any of them.

Hyunjin had long lost faith, but he still prayed that night, hands clasped tightly in front of his head, knees against the floor and elbows propped up on the bed. Then, he went back to sleep.