Chapter 7

"You two looked so comfy here and I wanted to join you. Wait, also. The door was open."

"What the fuck do you mean?"

"Y/n calm down. Ari, your house is gated. It's not like some random person can just walk in and-"

"Courtney. Shush. If she was normal then-"

"What do you mean if I was normal? Y/n I will literally smack-"

"Ariana you are not helping in this critical-" I tried to be reasonable.

"Ha. Critical, how the hell is this critical?" Courtney snorted.

"THE DOOR WAS OPEN."

"ARGHHHH. How AWFUL!" Ariana screamed in a high-pitched, British accent. 

"Will you listen to-"

Courtney was staring at something behind me. Now she was pointing. Now she was gasping. Then I turned around. 

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" I said.

"This is going to be legendary."

"You know what's going to be legendary? Me shoving that camera so far up your non-existent arse-" Even when I come up with something good to say I always get interrupted. 

"EWWWWWWWW. Get out of my house. AND LEAVE THE FUCKING CAMERA."

"No way."

He ran. Of course he did.

"Ah shit."

"Oh my god what an idiot," Courtney said.

He actually banged into the glass door. That actually happened. I mean, how?

I took his camera, smashed it against the floor, took out the memory card, and then threw it out of the window. I think it hit something - hopefully not someone. 

Ari considered calling the police, but the media on this kind of thing would be quite bad.

POV KENDALL:

To be honest, Paris was kind of boring. 

And I developed this twitch... whenever I saw a Range Rover, which were everywhere, I always remembered that crash, and then I remembered y/n.

I missed y/n.

"Kendall, focus. FOCUS. TIMES TWENTY."

I was playing poker and Kylie was NOT helping. She gave me two million to play, but said that she's useless so she wouldn't be playing tonight. Or ever, for that matter. 

Now, she was standing behind my chair and screaming at me as though she had magically transformed into the guru of Texas Hold'em. 

It was annoying. 

"KENDALL. PAY ATTENTION YOU HAVE A ROYAL FLUSH."

"KYLIE. FUCK YOU, WHY'D YOU SCREAM THAT? NOW LITERALLY THE WHOLE TABLE KNOWS, IDIOT!"

And.... the whole table folded. I won two thousand. If the genius hadn't screamed...

"Miss Jenner? We need to go."

"Just say Kylie and Kendall, how are we supposed to know which-" I began saying.

"Or... you could say Miss. K and Miss... wait no that doesn't work - "

I looked at her disappointedly.

"You could do Miss. K. Jenner and Miss. K, wait no that doesn't work at all. KENDALL. YOUR NAME IS MESSING EVERY-"

"KYLIE. SHUT. UP. I'm so sorry, which Jenner were you talking to?" I asked the girl that just ran up to us.

"Miss Kendall, you need to go now. Your shoot was moved up, and they want to take it at night rather than in daylight. It's 3:15 now, so you can make it by four if you hurry. Or I can call Chanel for you and let them know that you are unavaila-"

"Ok, I'll go now."

I sighed. I hated them, secretly.

"Bye, Kendall. Let's see if I can do a good job at cards this night," Kylie said.

Well, that was bound to go well.

Y/N POV:

"Ok, so do you want to go to a nightclub with me, Ari and umm... wait, who even are you? I've never seen you. Have I? I think I recognise you from somewhere..."

"I'm y/n."

"Y/n... YES. Yesterday, front cover, Givenchy, model? With Kendall?"

"Yep."

"Oh, that was an interesting photo to see... anyway. You want to go with us?"

"Sorry, Court, I can't go either," Ari said.

"Why not?"

"I crashed into y/n yesterday."

"Idiot. I get that that's awful, sorry y/n for her erratic driving and behaviour, but why can't you come?"

"Doctors said she can't be alone."

"Oh, well, um. See you later then."

She left calling someone.

Ariana POV:

"Ari, why is it so cold?"

"Why is what so - oh, right, the house. Heat isn't working."

"Oh. It's freezing."

It wasn't freezing but she just came out of the hospital so maybe she was more sensitive or something. It was also only eight but she was obviously very tired.

"Ari can I go to bed?"

Ok so I didn't want to make this weird...

"The guest bedrooms are colder so if you're cold you can sleep in my room and I'll sleep somewhere else."

"No, it's fine."

She sneezed. Then she coughed. She was obviously cold. Really cold. 

"No, no. Come on, you're obviously cold and I'm fine so you should sleep in the room with the fireplace, since the heater doesn't work."

"But..."

"Y/n, it's fine. Come on."

"I led her up the stairs, and she walked into my room."

"Wow, this looks cosy. And snazzy."

"Thanks. Some girl called April left your suitcases downstairs and there are like ten. I don't know what to do with them, do you want to figure it out tomorrow and use some of my new pjs that I haven't worn yet but HAVE washed?"

"Umm...sure."

I left the room to let her change and went to go brush my teeth and change in one of the guest bedrooms. 

To be honest, it was quite cold in here.

I went to say good night to her and climbed into bed. I don't know why I was sleeping this early but it was a tiring night last night so maybe it was that.

Through the night, I moved around quite a lot, and eventually woke up shivering even though I had the duvet wrapped around me in what I thought was the warmest and best way possible. 

I couldn't stand it any longer, and I wanted to check on y/n either way.

I got out of bed, placed my hand on the silver handle, walked down the corridor, and opened the door to y/n's - I mean my - room.