Screaming into Silence

Note: This MARVALOUS fan art is not mine, it's made by @Akerure on Twitter! Amazing job, check her stuff out!! https://twitter.com/Akerure/status/1290368585790033920/photo/1

"Thank you Xi- Max."

"Anytime, Etho, anytime."

They sat there for a few uninterrupted moments, until the bee's eyes crinkled as he got an idea.

"How about you finally tell me about that nether farm, while I put a kettle on for some tea?"

Etho face widened with excitement.

"Oh, yes! So I have this nether farm and one da-"

BEEP.

Both men looked down at their communicators.

Grian was blown up

Before the two men could comment, more messages buzzed up, sending the communicator alive.

Grian burned to death

Grian was blown up

"What do you think the Grian's up to?"

Xisuma shook his head.

"I don't know, I really don't know. He won't talk properly to anyone, I tried to confront him earlier today, but he wouldn't stand still. He seems to be isolating himself, why, I don't know."

"Mmm." The ninja looked thoughtfully.

"Are you sure, it's not, you know, Evil Ex. That sounds like him. For me he isolated me from all my friends so I couldn't see how dangerous he was, so he had more control over me. I would hate to assume, but rather be safe than sorry. Right?"

"You know what, you're totally right." He said placing down the kettle. "I'm going to check on him right now, maybe being sleepy it will be easier to get him to talk."

The bee headed to the door, tied his bee boots, and replaced his bee helmet.

"I'm coming with."

X gave him a warning glance.

"I'll be ok. If he comes, I'll just think of you."

"So what you wanna' show me?" Stress said fluttering down the trunk of the tree into Iskall's living space. His back still turned to her.

"Cosy place yah'got here."

"Yes, I have grown to quit enjoy it."

"Yah......."

His words made her take a hesitant step back, twirling her fingers. Sweat increased on her forehead.

"So I have something to ask of you Stress. A little favor."

"Ye...yes?"

"I need your help. I am going to need to get into the control center of this server. It is important."

She froze, unsure how to react.

"What the heck Iskall?! You fully well know X keeps that place well secured. What could I possibly do to help?! And why would you even be'donin' that?!"

He turned to face her, his eyes burned with fiery passion, and hatred was etched in each crevice of his face.

He towered over her, a frightening voice ringing out of him.

"No questions do what I say. You will distract him and show me where he has his command center help me download and delete what I need! And aft-"

But before, "Iskall" could finish A open palm slapped him.

"Snap out of it mate!"

She reached up again, but he caught her hand in a tight grip, nails knifing.

"You're going to regret that!"

The pitch-dark sky loomed about the duo as they cross the land. Jungle trees and plants waved in silence around them as they walked through the sea of stillness.  

X went over in his head what he was going to say, and most importantly how he was going to keep Grian from running away.

Etho just rocked little in his walk, shivering in the silence.

Then the quite night was cut with a huge scraping knife as a scream of horror rang out through the world.

X had heard lots of screams, especially recently, but this was the first one in a long time that made his spine contracted in a snake like manor.

Maybe it was the terror in her voice, maybe it was how it shook through an otherwise silent night, but probably the biggest reason is that the words that where scream were, "EVIL EX??!!"

Instantly, adrenalin flooding their vanes, forgetting their previous so important agenda, they flew swiftly off in the direction of the call.

They didn't even notice their communicators go off.

BEEP.

Grian was blown up.