The Calm Before the Storm

Note: This DROP DEAD GORGEOUS fan art is not mine it was made by the awesome 1captainjordan4 on Reddit check hert!!! https://www.reddit.com/user/1captainjordan4/

Slamming the door open, Max plopped on his twin bed limbs stretched out dramatically

"I am dead!"

In the very formal and rich home they lived, their room was most relaxed, sports posters, tac boards, and dirty laundry were littered in an explosion of teenage boys.

"I had 8 straight hours of listening to Admin Trevuls explain the, "honor and responsibilities" of the Admin's position."

He turned his head to his usually much neater brother's bed, which was covered with note cards, papers, and large textbooks.

"Let me tell you, he could be talking about The Corcksworth Battle at Watcher Valley and this guy would find a way to make it boring."

Alex sat on the bed, unmoving, staring at a page in his hand.

"What are you up to?"

And that's when he noticed he was hyper ventilating, his body vibrating, eyes watery.

"What is wrong?"

The once so exhausted boy stood without any problems, moving papers aside and hopping next to his brother.

"Alex, yo, man can you hear me. Helllooooo."

Waving a hand in front of the space cadet's face, he got his attention. Alex looked up, eyes huge.

"What are you doing?"

"P-pan-iking."

"Wooh, wooh, wooh, take a deep breath. With me, let us take a nice deep breath."

Max took a breath while his brother managed a wheezing noise.

"Well that was awful. Come on, tell me what is bothering you?"

He held up the paper.

"The Admin Admission Form, what about it? Have you got yourself all stressed out about this?"

"T-the-er-is- so mu-uch stuff, I-I cannot d-do it!"

"Come on, you are going to do fine! All the years of school the worst you got was-what-a B?"

"It was a 91.8!"

"See, you got nothing to worry about!"

His brother gave a weak nod.

"Here-" he placed a hand on his brother's knees "- I am going to count, breathe in for 4 seconds, holed for 7, and exhale for 8. Ok ready?"

He gave an unsure nod.

"Here, I will do it with you."

The brothers proceeded to do the exercise until his breathing had evened into a steady pace.

Alex looked up at his stupid little brother's face and smiled. His smooth skin, white hair, and purple sparkle.

"Thanks Max."

"Come on man, you know I would do anything for you! That is what brothers do! Remember, your emotions are completely real, but they are not always a real reflection of reality, try to prove them wrong!"

"Oh scram off with the life lessons, Mom!"

"Hey, whose calling me, "Mom" Mr. keeps everything meticulously clean!"