[ ⚠️ Jeff ] II

⚠️ = Anxiety + Panic Attacks, mentions of Toxic People

» Growing up, Jeff's parents were very toxic and emotionally abusive towards him and Liu, especially regarding their mental health. Jeff has been struggling with high anxiety and depression since he was a child and has panic attacks regularly, but he refuses to seek help or open up about it with anyone. This is because he thinks that, like his parents, no one is going to believe him or take him seriously. That and he's also a stubborn bastard when it comes to admitting that he needs help or that he has a serious problem because he believes he can take care of everything himself. (Spoiler alert: he can't.)

» He didn't believe in ghosts or anything supernatural for the longest time... that is, until he met Ben Drowned and became best friends with one.

(I read this one on Tumblr and loved it but can't remember the username of the person who came up with it, so I'm just going to say that this headcanon doesn't 100% belong to me and if anyone knows who wrote it, please tell me their username in the comments so I can give them credit. Thank you)
» After killing his parents and brother, Jeff lived out on the streets alone for the first year of his life as a killer. At one point after a short while of living like this, he got really, really sick. I mean sick - dangerously high fever, can't keep any food down, shivering no matter how high the temperature is, super super sick. It lasted for five days and got to the point where he couldn't move from the alley he was residing in and nearly died. Miraculously, however, he was able to recover, but now each time he gets so much as a stuffy nose he freaks out. Just the thought of getting sick is enough to send Jeff into a panic attack, for he's afraid to be weak and vulnerable like he was the first time it happened.