04 - christmas

(your home)

(your home)

"y/n, louis is here!" your mother shouted from downstairs, you squealed in excitement as if you hadn't seen him in years, when in fact you just saw him the other day. louis was your best friend and you had this tradition every holiday season, where his family would spend the night at your house, and your family would spend the new years at his house.
today was christmas eve and you were so excited. you ran downstairs and fixed up your hair quickly. "louis!!" you screamed, giving louis a hug. he hugged you back and lifted you in the air in excitement.

you greeted all his family with warm hugs and kisses, as your parents led them to your guest room. every year louis would sleep in your room and watch christmas movies and dance to christmas music with you. "dont have too much fun in there," issie winked. you giggled, as louis hit his sister on the arm. "ow! what was that for?" she scoffed, "oW wHat WaS tHat fOr" louis mocked. issie rolled her eyes and helped her family settle in their room. issie always counted on you two becoming a couple, which louis responded to with a punch in the arm most of the time. "i bought new christmas pillows, and christmas candles, and new fluffy blankets and candy," you told louis excitedly, pulling him to your room. "of course you did," he chuckled, you entered your room and the vibes were immaculate, christmas songs were playing on your alexa, it smelled like cookies and the sweet aroma of cinnamon was in the air, your lights were off and the warm light of the candles illuminated the room. "wow, you really went all out." louis said in awe, "well duh, i love christmas!" you giggled, jumping onto your neatly made bed. "time for dinner!" your mom said, entering your room. you nodded, "alexa shut up," you said, and the music turned off. "how rude, i'm sorry alexa," louis chuckled, as he followed you downstairs to the dining table. there was all sorts of food on the table, there was chicken, pasta, mashed potato, roast beef, literally a feast.
"wow," you and louis said in unison.

you all sat down and ate your dinner, talking and catching up on life.
"i'm surprised louis and y/n aren't a couple yet," millie said, earning a glare from you, you almost spit out your orange juice when you heard that. louis hit the girl on the arm, "louis! don't hit your sister," mrs. partridge scolded him, he tried to stop himself from laughing and continued eating as everyone was laughing at the two of you, especially millie. after an hour you and louis were helping clean the table. "dibs on dishes!" he screamed, "of course, not like i wanted to," you giggled, wiping up the table. every year louis was the one to wash the dishes, he finds it calming in a way. "faster louis! i'm gonna take a shower," you said, running up the stairs. you turned on the shower, the warm water trickling down your body.  after a bit, you got your christmas pajamas and put them on. you walked out of the bathroom, your hair still wet. louis was on the bed, eating ice cream. "give me some!" you screamed, running to the bed and taking a spoonful of ice cream. he giggled and continued eating his ice cream while going on his phone. "i'll go shower then we can watch christmas movies!" louis said, you nodded as he grabbed clothes from his bag and went in the bathroom.

after a few minutes he got out of the bathroom, his hair wet, you found it so attractive.
"what're you looking at?" louis chuckled, sitting on the bed, beside you. "oh, nothing." you blushed. "what movie are we gonna watch?" he asked, grabbing the remote and turning on netflix on your tv. "let it snow!" you squealed, pointing at the tv. "alright," he snickered. you put your phone down and laid your head on louis's warm chest. you got butterflies in your stomach when he wrapped his hand around your torso. you finished the movie, barely awake. you looked up at louis, who was already asleep, still hugging you tightly. you buried your face into his sweater, intaking his sweet scent. you stayed like that for a few minutes. "y/n?" you heard him ask sleepily, you giggled softly,
"you're adorable," he smirked, you felt butterflies again in your stomach.
"thanks hottie," you flirted, and he smiled shyly. you moved away from him, hopping off the bed. he frowned, "whyyyy i wanna hug you more," you shook your head and giggled,
"come, i hear our family downstairs. it's already 11:30pm, come on!" you said, grabbing his hand and pulling him up. "alright alright!" he said, helping himself up while you pulled him, but the momentum didn't stop and he fell on top of you. you both realized what happened and he apologized quickly, you laughed it off (even though you most certainly got the butterflies again) as he followed you downstairs.

you skipped to the living room with louis following you. "oh yes! i was just about to call you two so we could drink some hot chocolate and eat mrs. partridge's signature cinnamon rolls." your mother said above all the chatter. you squealed in excitement, this was one of your favorite parts of christmas. you and louis sat down on the sofa, issie and mr. partridge were lighting the fireplace, millie was watching your little brother show off his karate and right on time, mrs. partridge walked in with hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls. you all got one roll and a cup of hot chocolate, "yumm, they just get better every year!" your little brother exclaimed, earning laughs from a few of us.
soon it was already nearing midnight, you had a countdown displayed on your tv, "alexa, play festive feels on spotify," you say to the ai displayed on the coffee table.
"playing festive feels on spotify"

< all i want for christmas playing >

"guys look one more minute!" you said, pointing excitedly at the tv.
3
2
1

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!" you all shouted in unison as the chorus of the song played perfectly on time. you all ran to the christmas tree, getting your presents.

after an hour of gift exchanges and hugs and crying, you all returned to your bedrooms and wished each other a goodnight. "wow," you said, following louis up the stairs, you entered your bedroom and ran to your bed. "alexa, play christmas music," you commanded, playing christmas music on spotify louis got in bed beside you and you just talked, just you and your best friend having fun and laughing at the smallest things literally until 3am.

authors note
i lowkey dont like this chapter idk but um if my christmas isnt like this
then i dont want it😔 im kidding OK THANK U GUYS ILL MAKE BETTER CHAPTERS SOON