Derek Doesn't Have Time For This

I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

        “He is fawn, Stiles!” Derek yells, and Stiles looks at him red faced while he throws his hands up in annoyance.

“He is a centaur, Derek.” Stiles screams, and Derek rubs his eyes. They had been at this for almost an hour, and it was beyond ridiculous.

“He has goat legs, Stiles.” Derek tries, and Stiles huffs at him before he grabs the worn copy of 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.' to flip through it. “Oh, my God Stiles. Mr. Tumnus is a fucking fawn. Lucy calls him that like twenty times in the book. Oh, wait you didn't read the book.” Derek mocks, and Stiles gasps.

“You read me this fucking book, ass face.” Stiles says, and Derek snatches it out of his hand. “Hey! He's a centaur. He doesn't have to have to have horse legs to be centaur.” Stiles says, and Derek gives him a hard look.

“Stiles, the definition of a centaur is a creature with the head, torso, and arms of a human and the body and legs of a horse.” Derek points out roughly, and Stiles rips his phone out of his pocket to tap on his roughly. Derek waits and he watches Stiles' face fall sightly. “Well? What did your best friend Google tell you?” Derek says, smirking as he crosses his hand over his chest.

“It said shut the fuck up.” Stiles hisses, and Derek laughs loudly. “You always fucking do this. You think that just because you have a degree in English that you're better than me.” Stiles tells him, and Derek gives him a look of disbelief.

“You always throw your criminal justice degree in my face.” Derek points out, and Stiles glares at him. Stiles huffs as he throws back the covers on their bed, and Derek rolls his eyes to ceiling. “Seriously? You're just going to throw a temper tantrum.” Derek says, and Stiles turns over.

“I'm not throwing a temper tantrum, you jerk. I'm going to bed. Don't even think of touching me. I hate when you touch me.” Stiles hisses, and his voice trails off at the end like he regretted saying it.

“Okay, fine. I'll just stay on my side of the bed and not touch since I'm despicable.” Derek says, and Stiles bites his bottom lip. He stays absolutely still when he feels the bed drip, and Derek doesn't even read in bed like he usually does before bed. Stiles feels full of guilt at their stupid fight, and he doesn't go to sleep right away.

Stiles stays awake until he absolutely sure that Derek is asleep, and he turns over to look at him. Derek is frowning in sleep, he always does that, and Stiles inches closer and closer until he is almost touching Derek. Derek is on his side with one of his arms behind his head, and the other is laying on his side. Stiles leans forward to lay his head on Derek's chest, and Derek instantly wraps one of his arms around him while sighing in his sleep. “Love you.” Derek mumbles into his hair, and Stiles kisses his chest before closing his eyes.

Stiles is going to properly apologize to Derek tomorrow.

****

Derek Hale wakes up to his alarm blaring, and he turns over to an empty bed. The smell of pancakes floods his sensitive nose, and he rolls his eyes as he goes to shower. Derek spends as much time as he can in the shower before he has to get out or he'll be late for work. Derek gets out of the shower to brush his teeth, style his hair, decides against shaving, and he dresses. He puts on a nice purple button up shirt, black slacks, and nice shoes.

Derek gathers his suitcase with all of his students papers in it, Derek teaches eighth grade English, and he walks into the kitchen to see his husband making pancakes in his large t shirt that has to be Derek's with his boxers. Derek sits down his brief case on the table, and Stiles turns around to look at him. “Hey.” Stiles says, softly but Derek ignores him. “Okay, you're still mad at me. I get it, but I will make you not mad at me any more.” Stiles says, putting pancakes in front of Derek.