Werewolves Are People Too

This is shit.
___________________________________________________

     The bus screeches to a stop, and Stiles gets out of his seat to get off. He hates driving his Jeep in the traffic of the late afternoon, but both Scott and John worry about him. Stiles laughs at them, but he knows better. Stiles knows he has enemies, he is one of only human supporters of werewolf rights in California. He doesn’t let that get him down as he listens to his IPod on his way back to the McCall den.

He is bopping his head in time with the music when he sees three boys shoving a smaller boy down on to the sidewalk, and Stiles sees the younger boy growling at them. He is a werewolf, Stiles figures, and Stiles makes his way over just as one of the three boys blows silver dust into the poor wolf’s face causing him to howl out in pain. “Hey, you asshole! Get the fuck out of here!” Stiles yells, and the men look at him.

“He’s fucking werewolf trash.” One of the men snarl, and Stiles stands in between the wolf and his assaulters.

“Why does his life mean anything less than yours?” Stiles hisses, and one of the men scoff bitterly. The wolf is curled up behind Stiles with his face burrowed into his back, and Stiles figures that he can smell Stiles’ pack on him.

“I’m so fucking sick of people supporting these pieces of shit.” One of the man yells, but Stiles isn’t backing down. “Whatever, stupid fucker. Let’s go. I’ll find you again, beast lover.” He spits at Stiles, but Stiles just glares at him until they back down to walk away down the deserted alleyway.

It isn’t until they are total gone that Stiles turns around to face the poor wolf. He has sandy brown hair that is curly, he looks younger than Stiles, and he has silver dust on his face that he is scratching at trying to wipe it off. Stiles gets a tissue out of his pocket to gently wipe at the poor wolf’s face. The wolf’s bottom lip trembles as if he is trying not to cry, and Stiles gives him a sad smile. “You might as well go ahead and cry some. It will get the silver out of your eyes.” Stiles says, and the boy starts to cry.

Stiles pulls the boy into a hug, and the boy hugs him back. Stiles rubs his back soothingly, and rubs his hair causing the young boy to rumble in satisfaction. “What’s your Alpha’s name?” Stiles asks, and the boy sniffs softly.

“Derek Hale. I’m Isaac.” He says, and Stiles nods. He has heard the name from Scott sometimes, but has never met the man. Stiles wraps his arm around the young man to bring him close to his body protectively.

“Let’s get you home then.” Stiles says, and the wolf nods his head.

****

The Hale den was on the other side of town and was a large three story house, the McCall den was only one story despite their pack being the same size as the Hale’s, and Stiles walks him to the iron gate. Stiles doesn’t blame Derek for being extra protective of his pack, Scott is the same way since Liam was attacked at school. “I’m not supposed to let anyone who isn’t pack know the code.” Isaac says, apologetically. Stiles smiles at him, and turns his head to the side as he hears Isaac put in the code.

“Isaac!” Stiles hears, and Isaac turns to look at a man with dark hair and a scowl on his face as he stares at Stiles. Stiles figures that this is Derek and he can smell Scott on Stiles, and the smell of another Alpha is upsetting especially when Stiles is in his territory uninvited.

“Hello.” Stiles says, pleasantly and Derek glares at him as Isaac stays behind the gate. Isaac moves from behind him to meet Derek, and Derek pulls him close to his body as he eyes Stiles. “I’m Stiles Stilinski.” Stiles says, holding his hand out and Derek stares at it until Isaac whispers something in Derek’s ear.