Piper Reflects

7x07

It had been a whirlwind of a day, and the last thing Piper wanted to be focusing on right now was her schoolwork. She still couldn't believe that she'd gotten to meet Jade, the host of Supernova Superstar, her favorite reality show ever. Yes, working with Jade had revealed some harsh truths about Piper and her dancing that she was still processing, but that wasn't the point.

She had met Jade!

She had texted Amy and Finn in their newly-created group chat the second she'd climbed in her sister's car that evening and had even sent them a picture as proof. Their group chat had been blowing up ever since.

Amy: OMG NO WAY!!!
A: OF ALL THE DAYS TO MISS REHEARSAL UGH
A: THIS IS AN OUTRAGE
A: (for me. V happy for u tho!!
🤗)
Finn: Yooo, that's sick!!! I'm jealous
Piper: Don't get too upset about it. Nick only asked us "boring" dancers to come in today...
P: Why have neither of you told me I'm a boring dancer btw?!?
😉
F: Boring??
F: Makes sense why he wanted Kingston but you?? Nah
F: Nick's one to talk
😂
P: Oof, good thing Kingston's not in this group chat... 😬😂
A: Are me and Nick going to have to throw hands?? 🤜🏻🤛🏻
A: Ur FAR from boring Piper!! 💕
F: I'd pay money to see you fight him Ames
A: I think I can take him 💪🏻
F: For sure 💪🏻💪🏻
P: 😂😂
P: Oh, I forgot the best part!!
A: Better than meeting Jade???
P: TNS is competing on...
P: Wait for it...
P: DANCEMANIA

F: Don't play with me like that Pipes 😔
F: You know I'm going through withdrawals since the season finale
P: Not playing!! Seriously! Nick signed us up!!!
F: WHY DIDN'T YOU START WITH THAT
F: YO THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!
F: MY MOM'S GONNA BE FREAKING STOKED!!!
A: OMG sameeeee, my mom's going to flip out!!
A: This is insane!!
A: Totally worth coming back to TNS!!
F: Acro nation wishes they were us 😏
A: Hey don't go bashing AcroNation!
A: (But really tho...
😂😂)

Finn and Amy had since moved on to having their own conversation in the group chat that Piper was trying to follow while getting some reading done for her English class. However, they kept bringing up some strange guy at the bookstore where they had gotten coffee (or tea, in Finn's case) that afternoon, and Piper wasn't following the jokes they kept making. Finn kept bringing up a book about herbs with a very unfortunate title that Amy kept laughing (via emojis) at, and the uncomfortable feeling of being left out started to creep up on Piper again much like it had the other day in The Next Steep.

Wasn't this what she had been hoping for? Finn and Amy, two of the most important people in her life, were getting along better than Piper could have ever dreamed. Her best friends had clearly had a great time together that afternoon, and Piper bit her lip as she reread their text messages, failing to come up with anything to contribute to the conversation since she had no idea what they were even talking about anymore.

She was starting to wish Nick hadn't called her in for rehearsal that afternoon. While she had been dancing for Jade, her best friends had been laughing at books with weird titles and making up wild backstories for some odd-looking guy in the coffee shop.

This was ridiculous. She had gotten to meet Jade. She wasn't supposed to wish she could trade that once in a lifetime opportunity for time with her best friends who she saw everyday instead.

Letting out a long, heavy sigh, Piper turned off her phone's ringer, pushed her book for English aside, and flopped back onto her pillows dejectedly. What was it that Jade had said about them all that afternoon? That they were each hiding something, not dancing to their full potential. Something like that anyway. And Piper had figured out what it was that she was hiding behind.