New normal

I finished unpacking my things and I am laying in my new bed staring at the ceiling. I look over at Kristin who is knocked out. At once all the emotions I should have felt the day I read that letter came rushing . I cried so hard silently trying not to wake Ginny and Kristin. I got up and ran outside so I can try to breathe.
I fell to my knees gasping for air.
"- are you okay?" I turn my head and I see Ron.
"—oh I'm sorry, I'm just... I just needed some air"
"I heard you sprinting down the hall and I thought bloody hell is my family that bad?" He said with a half grin.
I laughed "no your family is amazing I actually really love being here" I finally sit down and Ron comes to sit next to me.
"I've overheard my mum and dad... I'm sorry what happened to your parents" he said sadly looking at me
"it's okay a war is coming and war leaves parentless children.."
"you know you can always talk to me about it if you'd like I love coming outside late and looking at the stars it's not a bother really" I smiled at him
"well if it's not a bother than maybe we can stay out here and look at the stars I find them comforting too" we sat in silence for what felt like hours I couldn't help but think maybe some of those stars were my parents and aunt and uncle. I like to imagine they were the brightest ones of course.
I think I am a lot like my father and and this Ron Weasley boy reminds me a lot of his father. Maybe he will be my best friend.. I hope so because I am quiet found of his company. I look to my left to see Ron completely knocked out. I smiled and decided I was also ready to sleep. I take a hair tie grab all my curls and push them into a ponytail.
"Ron Ron wake up let me help you to your bed.." I said as I whisper. Ron is starting to open his eyes as I force him up.
"Come on Ron.. there you go, you got it" He is putting more than half of his body weight on me and I this point I'm basically pushing him up the stairs.
"Hello there... Laila is it?" I hear a boy say from behind me with a sarcastic tone. I turn around rolling my eyes irritated
"Fred is it?"
"No your wrong it's George common mistake really don't beat yourself up about it"
"no I'm pretty sure your Fred, sarcastic, unhelpful , a bit too much confidence for your own good I read people very well and I read you and I can definitely tell the two of you apart" I say struggling to get Ron up the rest of the stairs. "Now once you pick your mouth up from the floor do you mind being helpful for once in your life and putting your brother to bed?"
"What do you mean I have a little too much confidence for my own good" he said clearly offended by my words "and I'm plenty helpful see .." he pushed Ron down right in front of me
"MERLIN Ron are you okay!... you are a real piece of work you know!!! Now look what you have done I won't be able to get him up now"
"sorry Laila just being helpful" he said with a smirk. " I really don't like you... I think it would be best you stay out of my way"
"oh come on I was only joking" I manage to get Ron to the couch and cover him with a blanket.
"That's the thing Fred it wasn't funny you bruised his face you know that? I'm going to have to fix that tomorrow morning, not everything needs to be a joke" I scoffed at him.
"Well maybe you should lighten up a bit-"
"Lighten up.... you are telling me to lighten up right now? My parents died what... 48 hours ago... What you like me to do Fred? Hmm any suggestions as to how I can lighten up?"
"I didn't mean it that w-"
"oh because you didn't mean it all should be forgiven? Please just go to bed and leave me alone" I could feel his demeanor change. I think I really did make him sad, it wasn't my intention but he really can bring a person to that point. I finally make it back to my bed and continue where I left off... staring at the dumb wooden ceiling. Instead of this time my parents being the reason I can't sleep this time it's Fred. I feel awful for snapping at him... I'm not normally like this I am happier I swear. Hopefully over the summer I can find some happiness again because I don't like who I'm becoming.