Play to Win

~ Day 4: Wednesday 5:00pm ~
You got home after school and decided to go back out for a walk in the park, but as you got close you decided to stop by the gym to see Kuroo. As you get to the doors you notice that it's open and nobody is inside practicing. 'That's odd, they should've had practice today.' You hide behind one of the open doors and try to get a better look. Little did you know the team was right behind you. Kuroo uses this to sneak behind you.
"Hey kitty~" you whispers in your ear. You jolt in surprise and whip around.
"Kuroo, you can't just scare people like that!" You yell.
"Well I don't do that to everybody, just you~" He winks before laughing. You huff and try to regain your composure because this time your in front of a group and laughing guys. You look at them and then back at Kuroo, a hint of anger in your eyes.
"Next time I'll make you pay for that."
"I'd love to see you try y/n."
"Kuroo... shut up." you turn away from him. He laughs and walks back to his team. The team goes into the gym, leaving you dumbfounded. You sigh before following them into the gym.
"You came to watch me practice?" Kuroo says, smiling at you.
"Don't say it like that." You sit down and watch as they begin their warmups. Before long, you begin to think of how muscular Kuroo looks when practicing. You watch him and sigh. He winks at you and you flush. He picks up and volleyball and tosses it to Kenma. Kenma sets the volleyball and he slams it down on the court flooring, creating a resonating echo.
"That one was for you." He says as he winks. You sit up and stare in amazement. 'That was amazing!' You want to say that to him but you don't want to boost his raging ego.

~ timeskip: 3 hours (the practice) ~
You stayed and watched the entire practice. Kuroo noticed you still there and waved.
"Oi y/n! Come here." You look at his toned body covered in sweat and the willful expression on his face, you find yourself staring and shoot up.
"Sure." You nonchalantly respond.
"I want you to play a game."
"Heh, no." You say, crossing your arms
"Please~ all you have to do it try to score a point. It's just one-on-one volleyball." He begs. The team is gathered on the other side of the gym watching you and Kuroo and laughing.
"F-fine." You blurt, looking away in embarrassment. Kuroo tosses the ball to you and signals for you to start. You manage to get the ball over the net, Kuroo easily gets it back over. You can tell my a couple of hits that he's not really trying. You huff and try to concentrate.
"You're not fucking trying." You insult.
"Harsh language, I'm trying a little bit~" He teases. You notice him change his stance. Maybe he's going to actually try. He reverts his stance and you get angrier.
"Kuroo you need to try!"
"It's going to end faster that way." He complains. You catch the volleyball and roll your eyes.
"Either play to win, or don't play at all." You say. You notice Kuroo smiling and changing his stance to the second one he did. You smirk and hit the ball over the net. Kuroo didn't even give you a warning, he just leaped into the air, preparing for his spike. He slammed the ball onto the ground even harder than the first time. You froze and stared at him as he landed and smirked at you.
"Play to win right? I won~" He teases. He walks over to get the ball, but you run over to get it before he could.
"Good game." Kuroo walks up to you, grabbing you by your waist and whispers in your ear.
"You put up a fight. I'm impressed kitty~" his tone lowered, sending shivers down you spine and making your knees weak. He takes the ball from you and returns it to the basket.
"Time to go home. Bye guys!" Kuroo waves and ushers you to the car. Once you're in and halfway home, he turns to you.
"You don't have to be silent kitty." He says, gently squeezing your hand with his right hand.
"I'm just shocked I guess." You mutter. In reality, that spike excited you and the way he was afterward only made it worse. You crossed your legs hoping to look more composed.
"I know there's something you want to tell me,"he says. His face is unreadable but you can tell that he's been waiting to say that.
"Just tell me."
"I'll tell you Friday, you don't have practice then right?" You shyly ask. You really did need to tell him something.
"For you, of course I am~" He says and smiles.
~End of Chapter 6~