Iwa 631 first conversation 5

Iwa 5

I lead him down a hall trying to figure out how to ask this prince his name. My mother never told it to me and after showing up so late to the welcoming it seemed rude. Suddenly a weight landed on my shoulder. 

"So Iwa-chan how about-" the prince said resting his arm on my shoulder.

"It's Iwaizumi." rolling my shoulder back. Luckily he took the hint and removed his arm.

"Right. Thanks for letting us in back there, I thought I was going to freeze to death." he laughed walking backwards to face me.

"My parents, especially my mother, get excited sometimes so they forget basic hospitality things like that." I tried to keep my voice steeled. Whether it worked was a question he didn't have the answer to. "I doubt you would've frozen though. It wasn't that cold."

"That was supposed to be a joke my friend," it took all I had not to strangle him at that moment.

"Walk forward, you're going to hit someone." He stopped right before he hit an open door. What a shame I thought, turning a corner.

"Why aren't you wearing your crown?" the prince said matching my pace. Huffing I turned and saw him looking into a brown wooden box. When did I drop that? I snatched the box back, closing it quickly. "The crown prince is supposed to wear his crown," he continued.

"I don't see you wearing one."

"That's because your kingdom is absorbing mine, plus I'm not the oldest child, so my parents never bothered." I could hear the distaste in his voice. 

I paused in front of my room, eyeing the door next to it. He is too close for my liking. "Your room is next door." I said before entering my own. I set the box on the table but not before grabbing the contents. The supper to announce the engagement would be later today since they arrived earlier than expected. If I didn't wear this crown I would have to wear the one I made when I was ten. I hated this crown but there was a certain embarrassment level to a hand carved one painted with the skill of a monkey.

"You've been staring at that crown for almost three minutes." A voice sounded next to me. It was the prince. Seeing my expression he laughed and sat on my bed. "I think we share a bathroom." I remembered a door tucked into the corner of the room. That door was always locked. I had assumed it was a closet.

I sighed and actually looked at him for the first time since he got here. He had brown hair that looked like it took forever to do in the morning, and light brown eyes that reminded me of chocolate. I got the feeling those eyes saw everything, that he was observant. The thought sent a shiver down my spine.

There was no denying that he was handsome but that only made everything worse. This prince probably thought he was entitled to everything because he happened to be born to the right family. I felt my hatred deepen.

'Why are you staring at me Iwa-chan?" He said a smug grin appearing on his face. "Admiring me already? We just met and he's already falling for me!" he laughed falling onto the bed next to me.

I closed my eyes as I shook my head. Maybe if I didn't look at him this marriage wouldn't be so bad. When I opened them I realized he was still looking at me. "My name's Iwaizumi." I paused. "I never got your name."

For the tiniest of moments I saw what seemed like a permanent smile fade. But only for the tiniest of moments. "My name's Oikawa Tooru."

(A/N)- When I first published this book, I was like I'm going to publish something new every other day and try to write more once a day. I had this whole plan. It all fell apart before I got to the second chapter...oops

Anyway hope you enjoyed whatever chapter this is.
Byeee!!!