Oikawa 914 Ea7 m0R3 Ch1kn 20

Oikawa Ea7 m0R3 Ch1kn 20

Looking between the two friends I could tell the promise that they shared meant something that Matsun and I could never understand. But what intrigued me the most was that it was over strength. There was no doubt that strength was something that Iwa-chan held close to him. He was always standing tall with an unwavering look of determination etched across his face. Even in these past couple weeks he hasn't done anything to change that image. If anything he built it higher and stronger. So that begs the question why would they need to make a promise like that. Has something changed? Was he different when he was younger? If so, what caused him to put up these walls? I could feel the words pooling in my mouth begging to be asked, to be answered. But I swallowed them. They'd have to wait.

"Well the good news is we aren't lost," Iwa-chan said, filling the quiet space. I hadn't realized it but everyone spaced out for a second.

"I told you!" Makki said, pulling the prince with him. They both fell into a hushed conversation leaving the two of us behind.

"What just happened?" I asked looking at my friend. He shrugged watching the shrinking figures walk farther and farther away.

"I think this trip got a little more tense."

"There was definitely a shared memory there. Something that scared both of them." I started walking at a brisk pace forgetting that I had no idea where we were supposed to be going.

"It must have been pretty dang scary to get to the prince like that." Nodding in agreement we both quieted as we approached Iwa-chan and Makki.

"Took you guys long enough," Iwa-chan retorted

"You guys just left us!"

"What were we supposed to do Smartykawa, just stand there?"

"I- I don't know..."

We were standing at the edge of the forest looking out over a cliff to give you the perfect view of the village. I hadn't even noticed that we had made a steady incline.

At the edge of the cliff was a rock flower bed(A/N- I don't know how to describe it better than that). The rocks were all a brilliant white that matched well with bright reds, yellows, orange and pinks of the flowers. A darker ring purple and blues encircled the lighter. At the far edge of it was a stack of rocks three high. They looked a lot less clean and preserved as the others. Moss was growing in the cracks, and once of them was chipped pretty badly It was bright and happy but for some reason you couldn't smile. Like when you win a war but the cost of what you lost weighs you down.

Silently both Iwa-chan and Makki picked a flower. Iwa-chan had a light dark blue while Makki held a red. Together they murmured something before dropping the plant off the edge. Looking at Makki I noticed that he was just as confused as I am.

"Is this where you wanted to bring us?" Matsun asked, narrowing his eyes.

"No, this was a short detour." the other guard replied brushing off his hands, like he just planted that small garden.

"On the first of every month it's a tradition to come over here. It's just a small thing to say thanks. But since the first of the upcoming month is not exactly free, and we were already here, not to mention that this trip takes a while, we both decided to do it now?"

"First of all thanks for what? And Second you chose the date, why did you inconvenience yourself?" I watched Iwa-chan think over my question for a moment.

"Thanks to everyone I guess. I mean we wouldn't be here without them. It's hard to explain. It makes less sense when we say it out loud," Makki laughed rubbing the back of his neck. For some reason this was making everything oddly uncomfortable. Like I just walked down the wrong path.

"I chose the date for two reasons. I already told you the first. The second was that the part of the wedding celebration that happens more in the public is held the day after the actual wedding. It just seemed right."

This day just took a big 180. Nonetheless my heart warmed at the thought that was out behind the date. My admiration for the other prince grew. He was a prince that thought about his people above all else. He was a prince that would give himself away for the sake of anyone of those people down there, and there would be no hesitation. He was a prince I could never be. Even if I wanted to there was a level of selflessness that seemed impossible to reach. Plus to my mom thinking this way would be considered weak. My mother taught me that because I am a prince my life should be protected even at the cost of all our people. But I guess that is just the difference between our kingdoms.

TIME SKIP BECAUSE WHY NOT

After visiting the cliff we ended up at a place called Chicken Express(A/N- I don't even know anymore) I don't know what I expected from Makki but I should have guessed. Iwa-chan looked disappointed in his childish act, but Matsun and I loved it! I mean we all need to eat more chicken.

The disturbing aura from earlier evaporated as we ate our food. The two guards spouted mostly nonsense, Iwa-chan tried to eat in peace and I was trying so hard not to choke on my food at the chaotic duo's crazy comments.

Suddenly the other prince leaned over to me and said, "I just realized we are getting married in a week."

This time I actually did choke. 

(A/N)- this has nothing to do with Haikyuu but with bnha soo... I finally got to watching bnha and there has one episode ended with Tamaki  saying something like 'you can't eat your friends' and I died. Out of context it sounds so bad!😂

I hope you enjoyed these chapters!!!! BYE!!!