Hit the Ground Running

September 10, 2020 

This story has already been told. But I guess that goes for any story these days.

Sometimes when Lilly isn't home, I'll come up to the office and sit at her desk and just look at all the things she keeps on it. Photos, lanyards, backstage passes, her dinosaur of a computer, stacks of McFly merch covered in plastic wrapping that needs to be shipped. She's got more pens than I've ever seen and ever thought someone would bloody need. Seriously, Lil! Stop buying pens! There's color everywhere, and crumpled up pieces of paper and little origami flowers that I know she makes when she's nervous or preoccupied so she doesn't twist the skin on her hands. There's a pile of them made from the fancy origami paper I got her for her birthday and another pile of them just made from scraps of paper she found when she ran out of that. It's so different from my desk, which is quite bare from lack of use. There's everything everywhere and it's not neat at all, but it's perfect because it's hers.

 That's kind of how I see things. Or how I look at things when I can't seem to put myself in my place. I've done it for a long time. And I don't think she's ever known.

I know, that sounds creepy, like something someone who is slowly becoming a psychopathic serial killer would say, but I don't mean it in that way.

I know it's silly and maybe self-centered to think, but lately, when I try and think like this I wonder if anyone else does the same thing. Maybe someone I know will try and get inside my head when they just don't know how to be themselves for a little while.

I don't really think anyone would want to get inside my head though. Not because it isn't cool- it is. It's bitchin'. There are dinosaurs and rock concerts 24/7. And also no plastic pollution. But I just think I might be alone on this one.

The logistics don't matter, okay? They don't. I'm writing this because Lilly did great, but there is a lot more that she wouldn't know. And what kind of a guy would I be if I didn't share?

Maybe I'm just bored. I'm definitely bored. Did that all make sense to you? Eh, whatever. 

//